- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 13 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Jeep has finally taken the wraps off the 2021 Compass facelift SUV in the international markets. The new (2021) Jeep Compass facelift features a number of updates, both in terms of cosmetic, as well as mechanical. The new Compass facelift SUV also receives a host of added features and equipment as well.
Starting off with the design updates, the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift comes with subtle updates to its styling all around. This includes a new honeycomb mesh at the front, while still retaining the signature seven-slat grille.
Other updates also include minor tweaks to the headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, updated front bumper with new housing for the fog lamps, newly designed alloy wheels and other slight tweaks to the taillights and rear section as well.
Inside, the new Jeep Compass facelift again features subtle updates and changes. The cabin of the 2021 Jeep Compass feels more premium than before and is said to feature premium upholstery and materials.
The new Jeep Compass facelift now comes with a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, along with the brand's UConnect 5 technology.
The most significant changes, however, come in the form of a new set of engines on the 2021 Jeep Compass. The new SUV now comes with a new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine, replacing the old 1.4-litre unit.
The new 1.3-litre engine comes in two state-of-tunes, producing 128bhp and 148bhp with 270Nm of peak torque. The unit with a lower state-of-tune will be mated to a six-speed manual, while the other will receive a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission option as well.
In international markets, the 2021 Jeep Compass facelift will also be powered by a 1.6-litre MultiJet diesel unit as well. This engine churns out 118bhp and 320Nm of torque. However, we expect Jeep to continue using the current 2.0-litre diesel unit in India.
This 2.0-litre diesel which powers the current version of the Compass SUV has already been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. Also, the current diesel unit produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque and is a popular engine of choice among Jeep customers.
Thoughts About The 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift SUV
The 2021 Jeep Compass facelift comes with just minor cosmetic changes to its exterior and interior. However, what is interesting is the new petrol unit, which could make its way to the Indian market as well.
The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to go on sale in India sometime towards the end of this year. Once launched, the Jeep Compass facelift will rival the likes of the Volkswagen T-Roc, Skoda Karoq, Nissan Kicks, Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos.