- 19 min ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review Video: Here Are Our First Impressions Of The Luxury Sedan
- 58 min ago Bike Sales Report For February 2021: Bajaj Auto Registers An Overall Yearly Growth Of 6 Per Cent
- 1 hr ago Review: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan — When Style Meets Aerodynamics
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- Technology Apple iPad Pro 2021 With A14 Chipset Likely To Go Official In March
- Movies Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla’s Nati Dance Is Too Adorable To Miss, See Video
- Finance Bitcoin Continues To Drop From All Time High; Down Over 26%
- Sports India vs England: Varun Chakravarthy yet to clear Yo-Yo test, doubtful for T20I series, says report
- Education Maharashtra Class 10, 12 Board Exams 2021 Will Be Conducted, Says Gaikwad Amid Surge In Covid Cases
- News Fuel price hike: Petrol, diesel rates hold steady for 2nd consecutive day
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Jeep India introduced the Compass SUV in the market back in 2017. Since its launch, the Jeep Compass SUV has been updated just once, which was to make it compliant with the new BS6 emission norms.
However, according to Autocar India, the company is now said to be working on a more significant update for the Compass SUV, with a mid-cycle update. The Jeep Compass facelift is expected to launch in India sometime soon and will come with a number of changes. This includes changes to its exterior and interior design as well.
Having said that, the most significant updated on the upcoming Jeep Compass facelift SUV will be the inclusion of a brand-new infotainment system. The 2020 Jeep Compass facelift SUV is said to receive the brand's latest UConnect 5 infotainment system — unveiled last year at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show).
The new latest iteration of the UConnect infotainment system will be offered on various screen sizes, with the largest being in the form of a 12.3-inch display. Although there is no confirmation yet, reports do suggest that the Compass facelift in India will feature the 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system. If it does get introduced, the dashboard on the new Compass SUV will be completely changed to accommodate the large screen.
Also, if the 12.3-inch display is introduced it will be the largest in the segment. All of the competitors of the Jeep Compass feature infotainment screen, with sizes varying from 8 to 10-inches. This includes the new Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the MG Hector.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the new Compass will also feature a slightly updated design to its exteriors. This will give the SUV a more modern and contemporary look, which will help attract customers.
In terms of engine, however, there isn't expected to be any changes. The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to carry forward the same BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engines currently on offer. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 163bhp and a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp of power.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Jeep Compass Facelift SUV In India
The new Jeep Compass facelift will bring a much required freshness to the premium SUV in the Indian market. Prices of the SUV could also see a slight increase while it continues to take on the same rivals, once launched in late-2020.