- 47 min ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- News India GDP growth dips to 3.1 pc in Jan-Mar; 4.2 pc in 2019-20
- Movies Saumitra Singh Announces His Debut Feature On Biker Anam Hashim, Who Does Stunts As A Sport!
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Jeep India introduced the Compass SUV in the market back in 2017. Since its launch, the Jeep Compass SUV has been updated just once, which was to make it compliant with the new BS6 emission norms.
However, according to Autocar India, the company is now said to be working on a more significant update for the Compass SUV, with a mid-cycle update. The Jeep Compass facelift is expected to launch in India sometime soon and will come with a number of changes. This includes changes to its exterior and interior design as well.
Having said that, the most significant updated on the upcoming Jeep Compass facelift SUV will be the inclusion of a brand-new infotainment system. The 2020 Jeep Compass facelift SUV is said to receive the brand's latest UConnect 5 infotainment system — unveiled last year at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show).
The new latest iteration of the UConnect infotainment system will be offered on various screen sizes, with the largest being in the form of a 12.3-inch display. Although there is no confirmation yet, reports do suggest that the Compass facelift in India will feature the 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system. If it does get introduced, the dashboard on the new Compass SUV will be completely changed to accommodate the large screen.
Also, if the 12.3-inch display is introduced it will be the largest in the segment. All of the competitors of the Jeep Compass feature infotainment screen, with sizes varying from 8 to 10-inches. This includes the new Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the MG Hector.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the new Compass will also feature a slightly updated design to its exteriors. This will give the SUV a more modern and contemporary look, which will help attract customers.
In terms of engine, however, there isn't expected to be any changes. The new Jeep Compass facelift is expected to carry forward the same BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engines currently on offer. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 163bhp and a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp of power.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Jeep Compass Facelift SUV In India
The new Jeep Compass facelift will bring a much required freshness to the premium SUV in the Indian market. Prices of the SUV could also see a slight increase while it continues to take on the same rivals, once launched in late-2020.