- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 19 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- News Sourav Ganguly unwell, taken to Apollo Hospital in Kolkata
- Technology Dixon To Manufacture Nokia Smartphones In India
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Nikki Tamboli Accuses Vikas Gupta Of Kissing Girls, Devoleena Bhattacharjee Reacts; Watch Promo
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Finance 6 Factors That Led To Over 700 Points Losses On Sensex
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Jeep is expected to unveil the India-spec Jeep Compass facelift on 7th January, next year. Following the unveil, the company is expected to launch the Compass facelift SUV in the Indian market on the 23rd of January 2021. The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV was showcased at the 2020 Guangzhou International Motor Show earlier this year.
The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV receives a number of subtle yet significant updates over the outgoing model, both to its exterior and interiors. At the front, the new Compass facelift comes with a slightly reworked set of front LED headlamp units with DRLs. The front grille has also been worked on, but still it carries forward the signature seven-vertical slats.
The new Compass facelift SUV also comes with reworked front bumpers with new housing for the fog lamps and a newly designed air intake at the centre. The side and rear profiles almost remain identical. On the inside, is where the new Jeep Compass has most of the significant changes.
The new facelift SUV comes with a larger 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a more premium dashboard with soft-touch material all around, climate control, leather-wrapped steering with mounted controls, wireless charging, electric sunroof, digital instrument cluster and many others.
Mechanically, however, the new Jeep Compass facelift will remain unchanged. The 2021 facelift SUV will carry forward the same set of petrol and diesel engine options from the current model. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 163bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque.
On the other hand, there is also a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual. The petrol gets an optional seven-speed DCT automatic while the diesel engine is mated to an optional nine-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The India-Spec Jeep Compass Facelift
The Jeep Compass has been on sale in India since 2017 and has been the brand's best-selling model. Once the new facelift is introduced, the SUV will go up against the likes of the upcoming Skoda Vision IN and the Volkswagen T-Roc.