- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- Technology OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition Bold Black Color Option Launched: Where To Buy?
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- News NASA's Osiris-Rex spacecraft begins 2-year trip home with asteroid rubble
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Sports WWE Raw: Jinder Mahal returns with new friends; Backlash card updated
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Jeep is expected to unveil the India-spec Jeep Compass facelift on 7th January, next year. Following the unveil, the company is expected to launch the Compass facelift SUV in the Indian market on the 23rd of January 2021. The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV was showcased at the 2020 Guangzhou International Motor Show earlier this year.
The new Jeep Compass facelift SUV receives a number of subtle yet significant updates over the outgoing model, both to its exterior and interiors. At the front, the new Compass facelift comes with a slightly reworked set of front LED headlamp units with DRLs. The front grille has also been worked on, but still it carries forward the signature seven-vertical slats.
The new Compass facelift SUV also comes with reworked front bumpers with new housing for the fog lamps and a newly designed air intake at the centre. The side and rear profiles almost remain identical. On the inside, is where the new Jeep Compass has most of the significant changes.
The new facelift SUV comes with a larger 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a more premium dashboard with soft-touch material all around, climate control, leather-wrapped steering with mounted controls, wireless charging, electric sunroof, digital instrument cluster and many others.
Mechanically, however, the new Jeep Compass facelift will remain unchanged. The 2021 facelift SUV will carry forward the same set of petrol and diesel engine options from the current model. This includes a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 163bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque.
On the other hand, there is also a 2.0-litre diesel unit churning out 173bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual. The petrol gets an optional seven-speed DCT automatic while the diesel engine is mated to an optional nine-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The India-Spec Jeep Compass Facelift
The Jeep Compass has been on sale in India since 2017 and has been the brand's best-selling model. Once the new facelift is introduced, the SUV will go up against the likes of the upcoming Skoda Vision IN and the Volkswagen T-Roc.