- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 23 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Arrest of Chinese national: Agencies probe security threats, cyber and financial frauds
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Stay At Record Highs On June 23: Check Rates
- Sports Czech Republic 0-1 England: Sterling wins Euro 2020 Group D for Three Lions
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is said to be working on an entry-level Jeep compact-SUV for the international market. We expect the upcoming Jeep compact-SUV to be introduced in the Indian market as well.
According to Gaadiwaadi, the entry-level sub-four-meter SUV will be slotted below the Renegade off-road SUV in Jeep's foreign line-up. The compact-SUV is expected to come fully-equipped with the latest technologies from the company.
The upcoming Jeep compact-SUV is expected to feature the company's ‘Trail Rated' badge for off-road compatibility. Features include the company's four-wheel-drive system with a low-ratio gearbox, and locking differentials to tackle the off-road terrain.
Marco Pigozzi, Head of Brand Marketing at Jeep Europe, stated earlier that the upcoming compact SUV will carry forward the Jeep brand's off-roading DNA, and will also offer day-to-day practicality.
Powering the upcoming Jeep compact-SUV could be a range of petrol and diesel powertrain options. A fully-electric or a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) version of the SUV could be made available at a later date.
There are no compact-SUVs that currently feature an all-wheel drive or a four-wheel-drive system in the Indian market. Once the Jeep compact-SUV is launched in India, we expect it to be a popular choice among the off-road enthusiasts in the country.
The upcoming Jeep will also rival the Hyundai Venue, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon in the Indian market. Jeeps's SUV will also compete with the Maruti Suzuki Jimny (when launched), however we expect the Jimny to be priced significantly lower than the Jeep.
Thoughts About The Jeep Compact SUV For The Indian Market
The demand for compact SUVs is increasing in India and other developing markets across the world. Compact SUVs offer better practicality as compared to hatchbacks. Jeep is among the leading SUV manufacturers in the world, and wants to make its presence felt in the entry-level compact SUV segment.
The Jeep compact-SUV is expected to be an entirely new offering in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV is expected to be capable off-roader, with a low-range gearbox and locking differentials. However, with value for money and feature-rich rivals in the segment, Jeep's compact-SUV is expected to face stiff competition in the Indian market especially with the pricing.
As is, the Compass SUV is the smallest Jeep model sold in the India market. The Jeep Compass is available with a starting price of Rs 16.49 lakh for the base trim, and Rs 27.6 lakh for the top-end Trailhawk Rated version. All prices are ex-showroom (India).