- 5 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 6 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 10 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Gauahar Khan & Zaid Darbar Announce Their Wedding Date; The Bride-To-Be Reveals Zaid Proposed After A Month Of Courtship
- News Deep depression over Bay of Bengal now cyclonic storm 'Burevi'
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 Gets New Firmware Update In India: What Does The New Changelog Offers?
- Sports Three more members of Pakistan squad in New Zealand test positive for COVID-19: PCB source
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Jaguar F-Type facelift has been launched in the Indian market. The 2020 F-Type is offered as Coupe and Convertible models with prices starting at Rs 95.12 lakh ex-showroom (India).
The top-spec F-Type convertible ‘R P575' features a 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine and retails at Rs 2.42 crore ex-showroom (India). The 2020 Jaguar F-Type gets a mid-cycle update and features a host of changes including a new front fascia and updated interiors.
The overall silhouette has not been changed and is still as breathtaking as before, with that sculpted rear fender reminiscent of the Jaguar E-Type. The updated 2020 F-Type front fascia is longer and broader as compared to the previous-gen model. However, the dimensions remain the same as its older-gen models.
The new-gen sportscar now features J-shaped LED headlights, a redesigned grille and bumper that look more aggressive than before. At the rear, the new F-Type features new LED tail-lights that are slimmer than before.
Before we speak about what's powering the new Jaguar F-Type let's look at the changes made to the interiors. Changes include a new 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, and a 10-inch screen for the infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The new F-Type retains the overall layout of the dashboard from the previous-gen models. However, the interiors materials and finish are updated and feel more premium.
Talking about the powertrain options, JLR has discontinued the 3.0-litre supercharged V6 range in most markets including India. The 2020 Jaguar F-Type is offered with three powertrain options. This includes a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol unit and two 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine with different states of tune.
The 2.0-litre ‘P300' engine produces a maximum power of 296bhp at 5,500rpm and a peak torque of 400Nm at 4,500rpm, with power sent to rear-wheels. The ‘P450' V8 engine churns out 444bhp at 6,000rpm and a peak torque of 580Nm at 5,000rpm, with power sent to rear-wheels.
The range-topping ‘P575' V8 engine features an all-wheel-drive setup and produces a maximum power of 567bhp at 6,500rpm and a peak torque of 700Nm at 5,000rpm. All engines come mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox.
The 0 to 100kmph acceleration times and top-speeds vary depending on the engine. The P300 accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in 5.7 seconds, while the top-spec ‘P575' can reach 100km/h from standstill in 3.7 seconds. It will continue to accelerate until it reaches an electronically limited top speed of 300km/h.
The Jaguar F-Type primarily rivals the 992 Porsche 911, the Mercedes-AMG GT, the Audi R8, the BMW M8 and the Chevrolet C8 Corvette; among others in the international market.
Thoughts About The Jaguar F-Type Facelift Launched In India
The Jaguar F-Type facelift has received essential upgrades which offer more features, performance, and luxury. The company had unveiled the new F-Type back in 2019, however, the launch was delayed, and subtle because of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.