- 1 hr ago Top-selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India In December 2020: Hero MotoCorp & Honda Continue To Dominate
- 1 hr ago New Jawa Forty-Two Spied Testing With New Features Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 24 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- News Delhi cops will decide on who can enter Delhi: Supreme Court on farmers' tractor parade
- Finance Gold Prices Near Rs. 49000 Even As International Prices Drop
- Movies Tandav Controversy: After I&B Ministry Seeks Explanation, FIR Filed Against Amazon Prime Video And Makers
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test, Day 4: Siraj, Shardul complete four-fors as Australia's lead surpasses 300
- Technology Oppo Reno5 Pro 5G Launching Today In India: Live Stream, Expected Price, Features
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Etrio, an electric vehicle startup, has introduced the country's first retrofitted electric light commercial vehicle. The retrofitted eLCV from eTrio is offered with a price tag of Rs 7.75 lakh, ex-showroom.
The country's first retrofitted electric light commercial vehicle is said to be powered by a 20kWh lithium-ion battery mated to an electric motor. This electric powertrain is said to churn out 15kW (20.1bhp) and 120Nm of torque.
The eLCV claims to be able to overcome gradients of up to 7 degrees while offering a certified maximum range of 120km on a single charge.
The eLCV is said to offer up to 60% savings in terms of operational expenses when compared to a standard diesel-powered vehicle. The introduction of a retrofitted electric LCV is said to be a first-of-its-kind initiative, meant to reshape the e-commerce logistics space.
Deepak MV, Co-founder & CEO, Etrio said,
"It is a transformational move with the capacity introduction at this level. We are proud to launch Etrio's eLCV which through our scientific retrofitment process revives the earning of the driver owner by saving almost 60% of the operational expenses and makes diesel guzzling LCV into a green productive vehicle."
"This will not only reshape the e-commerce logistics space but also have a deeper impact on the EV ecosystem. We have already received interest of over 1200 eLCV as we speak."
Etrio also stated that they use a very scientific retro-fitment process, this includes 150-point checklist, before completely stripping down all the internal combustion components on the vehicle.
The company then retrofit their mechanical and electrical parts on to the LCV. Etrio also states that the vehicle also undergoes extensive testing and quality inspection processes, only after which the vehicles are delivered to customers.
Apart from the retrofitted electric powertrain, the eLCVs also come with a host of features and equipment. Some of these include front and rear disc brakes, water-proof electric connectors, brake assist, detachable battery, strong body with reinforced thickness, auto-cutoff charge, smart connectivity with dedicated Etrio app and a host of others.
Thoughts On India's First Retrofitted Electric Light Commercial Vehicle By ETrio
Etrio is a Hyderabad based startup, which specialises in electric vehicles. The new retrofitted electric LCV is their latest offering. The company had previously introduced a retro-fitment kit for the entry-level Maruti Alto and 800 models as well.