- News Gandhada Gudi teaser out: Watch Puneeth Rajkumar's adventurous journey into the wilderness
- Sports India vs New Zealand Test Series 2021: Full list of award winners, Player Of The Series; Records, Stats
- Technology Microsoft Edge Has Slight Edge Over Google Chrome; What Makes It Better
- Movies Alec Baldwin Reacts To George Clooney's Comment On Rust Shooting: ‘It Really Didn't Help The Situation'
- Finance 2 Upcoming Board Meetings For Stock Split And 1 For Interim Dividend
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif Looks Gorgeous In Pristine White Ruffled Saree As She Attends Her Pre-Wedding Function!
- Education UPSC Geo Scientist Final Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Check Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Final Result
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Dispur
Etrio, an electric vehicle startup, has introduced the country's first retrofitted electric light commercial vehicle. The retrofitted eLCV from eTrio is offered with a price tag of Rs 7.75 lakh, ex-showroom.
The country's first retrofitted electric light commercial vehicle is said to be powered by a 20kWh lithium-ion battery mated to an electric motor. This electric powertrain is said to churn out 15kW (20.1bhp) and 120Nm of torque.
The eLCV claims to be able to overcome gradients of up to 7 degrees while offering a certified maximum range of 120km on a single charge.
The eLCV is said to offer up to 60% savings in terms of operational expenses when compared to a standard diesel-powered vehicle. The introduction of a retrofitted electric LCV is said to be a first-of-its-kind initiative, meant to reshape the e-commerce logistics space.
Deepak MV, Co-founder & CEO, Etrio said,
"It is a transformational move with the capacity introduction at this level. We are proud to launch Etrio's eLCV which through our scientific retrofitment process revives the earning of the driver owner by saving almost 60% of the operational expenses and makes diesel guzzling LCV into a green productive vehicle."
"This will not only reshape the e-commerce logistics space but also have a deeper impact on the EV ecosystem. We have already received interest of over 1200 eLCV as we speak."
Etrio also stated that they use a very scientific retro-fitment process, this includes 150-point checklist, before completely stripping down all the internal combustion components on the vehicle.
The company then retrofit their mechanical and electrical parts on to the LCV. Etrio also states that the vehicle also undergoes extensive testing and quality inspection processes, only after which the vehicles are delivered to customers.
Apart from the retrofitted electric powertrain, the eLCVs also come with a host of features and equipment. Some of these include front and rear disc brakes, water-proof electric connectors, brake assist, detachable battery, strong body with reinforced thickness, auto-cutoff charge, smart connectivity with dedicated Etrio app and a host of others.
Thoughts On India's First Retrofitted Electric Light Commercial Vehicle By ETrio
Etrio is a Hyderabad based startup, which specialises in electric vehicles. The new retrofitted electric LCV is their latest offering. The company had previously introduced a retro-fitment kit for the entry-level Maruti Alto and 800 models as well.