- 1 hr ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- News Baftas 2021: Nomadland wins big with four awards wins; Here's full list of winners
- Technology Ugadi Flipkart Offers 2021: Best Discount and Deals On Premium Smartphones
- Finance How To Find Your Nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra Online?
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni's Shivangi Verma Tests COVID-19 Positive; Says BF Ripudaman Has Been Her Biggest Strength
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Sports WWE Wrestlemania 37 Night Two recap, results and highlights
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Hyundai India has launched a new base variant of the Verna in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Verna E variant retails at Rs 9.02 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new base variant is only offered with a petrol engine option paired to a manual transmission.
The company could have launched the new base variant offering a more affordable option to sedan buyers in the Indian market. The new E base variant is now around Rs 36,000 less than the next trim in the sedan's lineup.
Comparing the new base trim to the previous entry-level S trim of the Hyundai Verna, the new trim does miss out on some features. This includes a shark-fin antenna, sun-glass holder, and the touchscreen infotainment system as well.
As a result, the Hyundai Verna E variant is no longer offered with the sweet-sounding Arkamys sound system, steering mounted controls, Bluetooth connectivity, and the brand's Hyundai iBlue smartphone-connected features.
The 1.5-litre petrol engine produces a maximum of 114bhp and a peak torque of 144Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard on the E trim.
Alongside the 1.5-litre petrol unit, Hyundai continues to offer other variants of the Verna sedan with diesel and turbo-petrol engine options as well. The 1.5-litre VGT diesel unit churns out 114bhp and 250Nm of torque, and the powerful 1.0-litre, three-cylinder, turbo-petrol motor produce 118bhp and 172Nm of torque.
The transmission options include a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter with a 1.5-litre diesel unit, and a seven-speed DCT gearbox with paddle shifters for the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine to offer maximum performance.
Other variants of the Hyundai Verna comes packed with features such as eight-inch touchscreen infotainment display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a new fully-digital instrument cluster, new restyled AC vents, new faux wood trim on the dashboard, and more.
It also features the brand's latest Blue Link connected car technology, which includes features like Smart-watch app link, remote vehicle start, and a host of other features. The sedan will continue to feature, a wireless smartphone charging dock, and sunroof; among others.
The 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift is also expected to be offered in six exterior paint schemes. Hyundai has undercut Verna's primary rival the fourth and the fifth-generation Honda City by launching a new base variant in the Indian market.
The Verna is around Rs 27,000 and Rs 1.8 lakh cheaper than the fourth and the fifth-gen Honda City, respectively. Apart from the Honda City models, the Hyundai Verna also rivals the Skoda Rapid and the Toyota Yaris in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Verna E Base Variant Launched In India
Hyundai has introduced a new base petrol variant of the Verna sedan in the market. The company aims to offer a more affordable variant for buyers looking to purchase a sedan with minimum features. The new base variant could attract many premium hatchback buyers to switch to a sedan model because of its attractive price tag.