- 17 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Sports Legendary hockey player Balbir Singh Sr passes away
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai is updating its entire line-up of vehicles to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms. However, the brand has taken advantage of this shift and are introducing sportier versions of their models.
According to Autocar India, the Korean automaker will be introducing the 2020 Verna with a sportier version of the sedan. The sport variant is expected to feature a dual-tone exterior paint scheme with updated styling, and a new 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine as well. The engine will come mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission with paddle shifters adding to the sportiness of the sedan.
The 1.0-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol engine is expected to produce 119bhp and 172Nm of torque, similar to the engine powering the Hyundai Venue. Other changes to the turbo variant include front parking sensors, cascading grille finished in black chrome, and black interiors with red accents and contrast stitching; as seen on the Grand i10 Nios Turbo and the Aura Turbo.
The 2020 Hyundai Verna turbo-petrol is expected to be available only on the range-topping SX(O) trim. So, It is also expected to feature top-notch equipment including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Blue Link internet-connected features, a 4.2-inch colour TFT screen for the part-digital instrument cluster, ventilated front seats, wireless smartphone charging, hands-free boot opening, Arkamys sound system, and a sunroof.
Hyundai is gearing up to launch the 2020 Verna to the Indian market. The brand has taken advantage of the shift to BS6 and has packed the upcoming sedan with features and multiple powertrain options.
Apart from the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine, Hyundai is expected to offer the 2020 Verna with two more engine options: a 1.5-litre petrol producing 114bhp and 144Nm of torque, and a 1.5-litre diesel unit churning out 114bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines are sourced from Kia and come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with optional six-speed CVT on the petrol engine, and six-speed torque converter unit on the diesel powertrain.
The 2020 Hyundai Verna, when launched, will rival the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, the Volkswagen Vento and the upcoming 2020 Honda City. Hyundai aims to make their Verna standout among its segment rivals by featuring a sportier version of the sedan. However, the 2020 Verna turbo-petrol variant will be priced significantly higher as well.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Verna 1.0-Litre Turbo Petrol Variant
Hyundai is looking to target a larger audience by offering a sportier version of its models. With the Venue, the Grand i10 Nios , the Aura, and the Verna, they will be offering a sportier version of their models in four different segments. Hyundai is stepping up the game with their BS6 line-up. Years ago, they revolutionized the vehicle's interior by loading it with features, now they are trying to do the same with powertrain options as well. The Verna turbo variant is sure to line-up some buyers for Hyundai.