- 2 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- 18 hrs ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 1 day ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 1 day ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- News KK Shailaja bags prestigious European award
- Movies Father's Day 2021: Ankita Lokhande, Tina Datta, Gautam Rode & Other TV Celebs Wish Their Super Dads!
- Sports Sajan Prakash, Srihari Nataraj bag gold but miss Olympic 'A' cut
- Finance Top Discount Stock Brokers Offering Best Demat and Trading Account in India 2021
- Technology Samsung Processor With AMD RDNA2 GPU To Launch In July
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: 5 Grooming Products To Gift Your Dad And Show Him That You Care
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Hyundai India has increased the prices of the Venue compact-SUV in the Indian market. The Hyundai Venue price increase ranges between Rs 5000 to Rs 12,000 depending on the variant. The company has also removed a few variants of the compact-SUV along with the price increase.
The entry-level Hyundai Venue 1.2 E has received the least price hike of Rs 5,000 and now retails at Rs 6.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). However, a majority of variants receive a price hike of Rs 7,000.
This includes petrol trims such as S, S+, T-GDI S, T-GDI DCT S, SX, SX Sport, SX (O), SX (O) Sport, and T-GDI DCT SX+ Sport. Diesel trims receiving the price increase include E, S, and SX(O).
The Hyundai Venue T-GDI DCT SX+ trim has received the most price hike of Rs 12,000. After the price hike, the Hyundai Venue now retails between Rs 6.74 lakh and Rs 11.65 lakh. All priced mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.
Comparing the new prices of the Hyundai Venue against its primary rival the Kia Sonet, there are a couple of interesting figures. The base model of the Venue is now Rs 4,000 pricier than the Kia Sonet.
On the other hand, The Kia Sonet and the Hyundai Venue top-spec models retail at Rs 12.89 lakh and Rs 11.65 lakh, respectively. This makes the top-spec Kia Sonet model Rs 1.24 lakh more than the Venue's top-spec trim.
Along with the price increase, the company has also made changes to the number of trim levels that were available in the compact-SUVs line-up. The SX and SX(O) dual-tone variants have been removed from the line-up. Earlier, the Venue had 24 various trims, which is now reduced to 19.
Hyundai Venue is offered with three engine options: the 1.2-litre engine produces 82bhp and 115Nm of torque, the 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol engine churns out 118bhp and 172Nm of torque and the 1.5-litre diesel engine that produces 98bhp and a peak torque of 240Nm.
The Hyundai Venue is offered with the brand's internet-connected feature called the Bluelink which can be operated via a smartphone. Other features include Cruise control, wireless phone charging, and an eight-inch touch screen infotainment system with smartphone connectivity, and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility.
Hyundai Venue offers safety features like six airbags, Hill-Assist Control, Vehicle Stability Management, Electronic Stability Control, a reverse parking camera with digital guidelines, and ABS with EBD to name a few.
Apart from the Kia Sonet, the Hyundai Venue also rivals the Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Toyota Urban Cruiser and the upcoming Nissan Magnite; among others in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Venue Prices Increase Announced In India
Hyundai has increased the prices of its popular Venue compact-SUV in the Indian market. The price increase is only marginal and is not expected to affect sales in the market. The company has also removed a couple of redundant features that were present in the compact-SUVs line-up.