- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 8 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Hyundai India has officially launched the iMT (Intelligent Manual Transmission) on their compact-SUV, the Venue in the country. Alongside this, the Hyundai Venue now also comes with a brand new 'Sport Trim' as well.
Prices for the new Hyundai Venue models range from Rs 9.99 lakh for the iMT-equipped variant and goes up all the way to Rs 11.58 lakh for the top-spec Sport Trim model. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Hyundai Venue With Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT)
Starting off with the iMT, the new gearbox is available exclusively with the SUV's 1.0-litre T-GDI petrol engine. The Hyundai Venue iMT is offered on the two top-spec variants: SX and SX(O). Prices for the iMT-equipped variants start at Rs 9.99 lakh for the ‘SX' and 11.08 lakh for the ‘SX(O)' trim. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The iMT gearbox on the Hyundai Venue combines the performance from a manual transmission, with the ease of a 2-pedal transmission. The iMT is the country's first clutch-pedal-free manual transmission. The six-speed manual transmission unit features an electro-mechanically actuated clutch, offering seamless gearshifts.
This new transmission system is paired with the brand's powerful 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. The recently updated BS6-compliant engine produces 120bhp and 170Nm of peak torque. With the addition of the new gearbox, the turbo-petrol engine on the Hyundai Venue now comes with the choice of two transmission units, the iMT and the 7-speed DCT as well.
Hyundai Venue Sport Trim
The new Hyundai Venue ‘Sport Trim' has been introduced alongside the iMT transmission on the compact-SUV. The new sport trim is offered in three variants: SX, SX+ and SX(O).
The SX and SX(O) variants of the Venue Sport Trim come powered by both petrol and diesel engine options. This includes the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol mated to the new iMT transmission and the 1.5-litre diesel unit paired with a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The mid-spec ‘SX+' variant of the Venue Sport Trim comes with a single turbo-petrol engine option, mated to the seven-speed DCT automatic gearbox.
All three variants also feature a number of new features and equipment, along with a host of cosmetic updates to both the exterior and interiors of the compact-SUV. Starting off with the exterior, the new Hyundai Venue Sport Trim now comes with a brand-new dual-tone paint scheme (Titan Grey/Phantom Black).
Other exterior cosmetic updates include a dark grey front bumper garnish and roof rails, ‘Sport' emblem, gloss-black front grille with red inserts, red brake calipers and red inserts on the wheel arches as well.
Inside, the new Hyundai Venue Sport Trim features a metal pedals, flat-bottom steering wheel with red stitching, along with a number of dark grey and red inserts, similar to the outside. The SX+ trim on the new variant with the 7DCT, now features paddle-shifters as well.
SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said,
"Hyundai has consistently set the benchmark with new Products and Technologies that offer Superior Design, Comfort, Performance and Efficiency. Venue - India's First Connected and most awarded SUV of 2019-2020, has now been launched with the innovative Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT) and Sport Trim. With this, we are once again setting new standards for the industry that will enhance Customer Delight and revolutionize the way India Drives."
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Venue iMT & Sport Trim Introduced In India
The Hyundai Venue is one of the most popular compact-SUV offerings in the Indian market, having received an overwhelming response since the time of its launch. Hyundai has just made the Venue even more attractive than it already was with the introduction of the new iMT and Sport Trim.
The Hyundai Venue continues to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and the soon-to-be-launched Kia Sonet.