- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMI) is celebrating the success of its first fully connected SUV, Venue, that has crossed the 1 lakh units sales mark since its inception last year. The company has sold 97,400 units of the Venue in India and more than 7,400 units in the international markets.
Commenting on the occasion, SS Kim, MD and CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, "Hyundai VENUE is India's first Fully Connected SUV and most awarded Car of The Year 2019-20 setting a chord with New Age customers. Hyundai has been at the helm of innovation in the automotive industry, introducing revolutionary products and technologies that have established new benchmarks. With VENUE, we have pioneered Fully Connected technology for customers. Additionally, VENUE has paved the way to democratize Global Technologies such as Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi & 7-Speed DCT for Hyundai cars in India, offering customers' excitement, delight and enhanced value."
Hyundai mentioned that nearly 44 percent of Venue sales coming from the Kappa 1.0-litre T-GDi Petrol engine, making it the most popular engine and 30 percent of the contribution is from the advanced 1.5-litre U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 engine. Moreover, over 30,000 customers have opted for Venue variants with BlueLink Connected Technology.
In other recent Hyundai news, the company recently launched the BS6-compliant diesel-powered Elantra sedan in two variants: SX and SX(O). The Elantra diesel is available at a starting price of Rs 18.70 lakh for the base and Rs 20.65 lakh for the top-end one (all prices are ex-showroom).
Mechanically, the new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel uses an updated version of the same 1.5-litre CRDi engine. The unit produces 114bhp of power at 4000rpm and 250Nm of peak torque at 1,750rpm. The base SX variant comes with a six-speed manual transmission, while on the other hand, the SX(O) trim comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Venue Crossing The 1 Lakh Unit Sales Mark
The Hyundai Venue is a good SUV, especially the turbo-petrol variant that offers a rear combination of performance, convenience, refinement and decent fuel efficiency. The Hyundai Venue rivals the Tata Nexon, the Mahindra XUV300 the Maruti Vitara Brezza, and the Ford EcoSport in the Indian market.