- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMI) is celebrating the success of its first fully connected SUV, Venue, that has crossed the 1 lakh units sales mark since its inception last year. The company has sold 97,400 units of the Venue in India and more than 7,400 units in the international markets.
Commenting on the occasion, SS Kim, MD and CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said, "Hyundai VENUE is India's first Fully Connected SUV and most awarded Car of The Year 2019-20 setting a chord with New Age customers. Hyundai has been at the helm of innovation in the automotive industry, introducing revolutionary products and technologies that have established new benchmarks. With VENUE, we have pioneered Fully Connected technology for customers. Additionally, VENUE has paved the way to democratize Global Technologies such as Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi & 7-Speed DCT for Hyundai cars in India, offering customers' excitement, delight and enhanced value."
Hyundai mentioned that nearly 44 percent of Venue sales coming from the Kappa 1.0-litre T-GDi Petrol engine, making it the most popular engine and 30 percent of the contribution is from the advanced 1.5-litre U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 engine. Moreover, over 30,000 customers have opted for Venue variants with BlueLink Connected Technology.
In other recent Hyundai news, the company recently launched the BS6-compliant diesel-powered Elantra sedan in two variants: SX and SX(O). The Elantra diesel is available at a starting price of Rs 18.70 lakh for the base and Rs 20.65 lakh for the top-end one (all prices are ex-showroom).
Mechanically, the new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel uses an updated version of the same 1.5-litre CRDi engine. The unit produces 114bhp of power at 4000rpm and 250Nm of peak torque at 1,750rpm. The base SX variant comes with a six-speed manual transmission, while on the other hand, the SX(O) trim comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Venue Crossing The 1 Lakh Unit Sales Mark
The Hyundai Venue is a good SUV, especially the turbo-petrol variant that offers a rear combination of performance, convenience, refinement and decent fuel efficiency. The Hyundai Venue rivals the Tata Nexon, the Mahindra XUV300 the Maruti Vitara Brezza, and the Ford EcoSport in the Indian market.