- 1 hr ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 40,000 Units Mark: Production Increased To Meet The Demand
- News PNB-Nirav Modi case: Chronology of events
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Technology How To Transfer Balance Vodafone Talktime
- Sports India vs England, Pink Ball Test: Joe Root hailed for maiden fifer, triggering India's batting collapse
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor In Separates Or Parineeti Chopra In Co-ords, Whose Promotional Look Did You Like More?
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In March 2021
Hyundai India launched the Venue BS6 diesel in the Indian market back in February 2020. The updated Hyundai Venue diesel BS6 variants are offered with a starting price of Rs 8.09 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, mileage figures of the BS6 diesel Venue SUV in the country have been revealed. According to Autocar India, the Hyundai Venue BS6 diesel returns a fuel-economy of 23.3km/l. This, compared to its BS4 iteration is a drop of 0.4km/l from the previous 23.7km/l mileage figure.
The BS6 diesel engine on the Hyundai Venue is the updated version of the same 1.5-litre unit available previously. This engine produces 100bhp and 240Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Although the mileage has dropped by 0.4km/l compared to its BS4-iteration, it continues to be the highest among its rivals in the segment. The Hyundai Venue is one of the best-selling products in the compact-SUV segment of the Indian market. The SUV rivals the likes of the Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300.
In comparison, the diesel variant of the Tata Nexon offers the closest ARAI-Certified fuel economy of 22.4km/l. The Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300 diesel models return 21.7km/l and 20km/l, respectively.
All models are powered by similar displacement engines, updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. However, the Mahindra XUV300 offers the best power and torque figures. The compact-SUV produces 117bhp and 300Nm of peak torque from its 1.5-litre diesel unit. This is either mated to a six-speed manual or AMT transmission.
Prices for the BS6 diesel variants of the Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300 are in the same range as the Hyundai Venue. This translates to a price bracket between Rs 8 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Among the four rivals, the Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300 are the only two to receive an automatic transmission unit as optional.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Diesel BS6 Mileage Figures
The Hyundai Venue is among the most popular models in the Indian market and also one of the best-selling products in the brand's lineup in India. The BS6 diesel engine on the Venue is among the best in the segment as well, offering a good combination of both fuel efficiency and performance.