- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Sports T20 World Cup should not be postponed in haste: Misbah-ul-Haq
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Finance Indian Stock Markets Closed, Asia Trade Higher
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai India launched the Venue BS6 diesel in the Indian market back in February 2020. The updated Hyundai Venue diesel BS6 variants are offered with a starting price of Rs 8.09 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, mileage figures of the BS6 diesel Venue SUV in the country have been revealed. According to Autocar India, the Hyundai Venue BS6 diesel returns a fuel-economy of 23.3km/l. This, compared to its BS4 iteration is a drop of 0.4km/l from the previous 23.7km/l mileage figure.
The BS6 diesel engine on the Hyundai Venue is the updated version of the same 1.5-litre unit available previously. This engine produces 100bhp and 240Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
Although the mileage has dropped by 0.4km/l compared to its BS4-iteration, it continues to be the highest among its rivals in the segment. The Hyundai Venue is one of the best-selling products in the compact-SUV segment of the Indian market. The SUV rivals the likes of the Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300.
In comparison, the diesel variant of the Tata Nexon offers the closest ARAI-Certified fuel economy of 22.4km/l. The Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra XUV300 diesel models return 21.7km/l and 20km/l, respectively.
All models are powered by similar displacement engines, updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. However, the Mahindra XUV300 offers the best power and torque figures. The compact-SUV produces 117bhp and 300Nm of peak torque from its 1.5-litre diesel unit. This is either mated to a six-speed manual or AMT transmission.
Prices for the BS6 diesel variants of the Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300 are in the same range as the Hyundai Venue. This translates to a price bracket between Rs 8 - 12 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Among the four rivals, the Tata Nexon and the Mahindra XUV300 are the only two to receive an automatic transmission unit as optional.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Diesel BS6 Mileage Figures
The Hyundai Venue is among the most popular models in the Indian market and also one of the best-selling products in the brand's lineup in India. The BS6 diesel engine on the Venue is among the best in the segment as well, offering a good combination of both fuel efficiency and performance.