- 1 hr ago Coronavirus Lockdown: Pitstop Offers Free Vehicle Maintenance For Essential Service Providers
- 1 hr ago Harley Davidson 1200 Custom BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 10.77 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- 2 hrs ago Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Spied With Yellow Tank, Twin Pod Cluster, & More: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago New (2020) Hyundai Verna Facelift Prices Leaked: Here Are All The Details
- Lifestyle 4 Amazing Ways To Use Highlighter You Need To Know Asap
- Movies Shaktimaan To Return To TV; Fans Super Excited As Mukesh Khanna Confirms Sequel
- News Coronavirus impact: How Isolation, HIV memories hit India's Transgender community hard in lockdowns
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Chromebook With 13.3-inch 4K Display Releasing On April 6
- Sports New Olympic date likely 'this week', say Tokyo 2020 organisers
- Finance S&P Cuts India's FY 21 Growth Forecast From 5.2% To 3.5%
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Hyundai India has launched the BS6-compliant version of the Venue diesel SUV in the market. The new Hyundai Venue BS6 diesel is offered with a starting price of Rs 8.09 lakh for the base 'E' spec. The top SX (O) trim of the Hyundai Venue is priced at Rs 11.39 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
This is a price hike ranging between Rs 20,000 to Rs 55,000, depending on the variant. The top-spec SX (O) trim of the Hyundai Venue diesel now also comes with a dual-tone paint scheme. This dual-tone variant of the Hyundai Venue is priced slightly higher at Rs 11,49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai Venue BS6 model now comes with a 1.5-litre diesel unit. This engine has been borrowed from the Kia Seltos and replaces the older 1.4-litre engine previously on offer. However, the 1.5-litre diesel engine has been de-tuned to produce slightly lower power and torque figures on the Venue compact-SUV.
The Hyundai Venue also comes with a choice of two petrol engines. These engines are yet to receive a BS6 update, although reports suggest that prices for the same have been revealed. The BS6-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine on the Hyundai Venue now comes priced at Rs 6.70 lakh; Rs 19,000 higher than its BS4 version.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol powered variants, on the other hand, receives a price hike of Rs 24,000, with a starting price of Rs 8.46 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Hyundai is yet to make an official statement regarding the BS6 updates on the Hyundai Venue.
Coming back to the BS6-compliant diesel engine on the Hyundai Venue. The company is yet to announce the exact power figures from the 1.5-litre unit. However, we do expect it to be in the range of 110bhp.
The same engine on the Kia Seltos, produces 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission. Hyundai though might offer the BS6 diesel unit with just a standard six-speed manual transmission.
Apart from the BS6 updates to the Hyundai Venue, no other changes have been made. The compact-SUV continues to be offered with all the bells and whistles as before.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue BS6 Model Launch In India
The Hyundai Venue was launched in India sometime last year and since then has become a popular model in the Indian compact-SUV segment. The Venue is currently the second best-selling compact-SUV in the Indian market, behind the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. Other competitors to the Hyundai Venue also include the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon.