- 5 hrs ago BMW G 310 GS BS6 Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Production Begins
- 8 hrs ago MG ZS EV Launched In 10 New Cities: 1000th Unit Rolled Out In India
- 10 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.29 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 155 & 250 New Colours Launched In India: Pics, Price & Other Details
- Movies Nishabdham Movie Review: Anushka Shetty Starrer Is A Gripping And Heart Stopping Thriller!
- Education Gandhi Quiz: Mahatma Gandhi Quiz For Students On Gandhi Jayanti
- Finance Airfare Refund: Here's How Oct 1 SC Ruling Does Good To Passengers
- News Section 144 imposed around India Gate, no gathering allowed: Delhi police
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP vs MI, Highlights: Mumbai Indians climb to the top of the table with big win over Kings XI Punjab
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan Or Nora Fatehi, Who Pulled Off JJ Valaya’s Printed Belted Saree Better?
- Technology Reliance Jio Orbic Smartphone: Three Devices To Launch Soon Under Rs. 4,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
Hyundai India has launched the BS6-compliant version of the Venue diesel SUV in the market. The new Hyundai Venue BS6 diesel is offered with a starting price of Rs 8.09 lakh for the base 'E' spec. The top SX (O) trim of the Hyundai Venue is priced at Rs 11.39 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
This is a price hike ranging between Rs 20,000 to Rs 55,000, depending on the variant. The top-spec SX (O) trim of the Hyundai Venue diesel now also comes with a dual-tone paint scheme. This dual-tone variant of the Hyundai Venue is priced slightly higher at Rs 11,49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai Venue BS6 model now comes with a 1.5-litre diesel unit. This engine has been borrowed from the Kia Seltos and replaces the older 1.4-litre engine previously on offer. However, the 1.5-litre diesel engine has been de-tuned to produce slightly lower power and torque figures on the Venue compact-SUV.
The Hyundai Venue also comes with a choice of two petrol engines. These engines are yet to receive a BS6 update, although reports suggest that prices for the same have been revealed. The BS6-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine on the Hyundai Venue now comes priced at Rs 6.70 lakh; Rs 19,000 higher than its BS4 version.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol powered variants, on the other hand, receives a price hike of Rs 24,000, with a starting price of Rs 8.46 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Hyundai is yet to make an official statement regarding the BS6 updates on the Hyundai Venue.
Coming back to the BS6-compliant diesel engine on the Hyundai Venue. The company is yet to announce the exact power figures from the 1.5-litre unit. However, we do expect it to be in the range of 110bhp.
The same engine on the Kia Seltos, produces 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission. Hyundai though might offer the BS6 diesel unit with just a standard six-speed manual transmission.
Apart from the BS6 updates to the Hyundai Venue, no other changes have been made. The compact-SUV continues to be offered with all the bells and whistles as before.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue BS6 Model Launch In India
The Hyundai Venue was launched in India sometime last year and since then has become a popular model in the Indian compact-SUV segment. The Venue is currently the second best-selling compact-SUV in the Indian market, behind the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. Other competitors to the Hyundai Venue also include the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon.