- 2 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 8 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 11 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Sports I-League 2019-20: GKFC vs PFC: Preview: Punjab pepped up for double over Gokulam Kerala
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestant Chaitra Kottoor Opens Up About Hosting Shantham Paapam
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Hyundai Launched the Grand i10 Nios last year and since then the company has got a lot of positive responses as far as sales go. There were rumors that the company might fit the1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in the hatchback. Now, according to Autocar India, it is confirmed that Hyundai will be showcasing the Grand i10 Nios along with the turbo-petrol engine at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with a completely new design language which is similar to that on the Santro. Starting with the front, the car gets the signature cascading grille which is flanked on either side by sleek projector headlamps with integrated turn signals. The car comes with LED DRLs which gives the hatchback a more sporty and premium feel.
Moving to the side, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with minimalistic styling. The car gets 15-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out roof and sharp shoulder lines & creases run along the length of the hatchback as well. At the rear, the new hatchback comes with large bumpers with reflectors positioned at either along with some silver garnishing.
On the inside, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS gets an all-new cabin layout with a dual-tone black/grey finish for the dashboard. The central console houses the large floating infotainment system, with buttons on either side to control it. The car also gets soft-touch materials in the cabin, giving it a premium and upmarket touch.
The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine is the same unit that powers the newly launched Hyundai Aura. The i10 Nios will be available in 10 variants and just like the Aura, this turbo petrol engine will only be available with the top-end variant of the Nios. The engine is capable of producing 100bhp of power and 172Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Prices of the car are yet to be known and will be announced at the upcoming Auto Expo. We are also expecting Hyundai to showcase the facelifted versions of the Creta and the Verna at the Expo.
As far as safety is concerned, the car gets multiple airbags, reverse parking sensors, ABS with EBD, seat-belt reminder alert, high-speed warning system and ISOFIX child-seat mounts among many other features.
Thoughts About The 1.0-litre Turbo-Petrol Engine On The Grand i10 Nios
By putting the turbo petrol engine in the Grand i10 Nios, customers who want to have some fun on the roads will definitely go for this option. 100bhp in a car that size, I'm sure, will be a lot of fun.