- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- News ‘For development of new India, entire nation needs to progress’: PM Modi to BJP workers
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Hyundai Motor India has announced that it has plans of starting a third shift at its Tamil Nadu based facility, provided there are no more lockdown periods called for.
The announcement comes after the brand's Creta SUV has registered over 45,000 bookings. The brand's domestic target for the month of July is set at 39,000 units - 90 percent of Hyundai's sales for the month of July 2019.
Mr Tarun Garg, the Director for Sales and Marketing at Hyundai India said, "July is our first month of full production after the lockdown and we are planning to start a third shift but we are worried about the second wave of lockdowns and will have to see how it impacts industry."
Hyundai says that the demand for SUVs and hatchbacks like the i20 have helped the brand ramp up production quickly. The brand has witnessed its total sales for SUVs rise by 50 percent as compared to the 34 percent increase in sales from last year.
Mr Garg said, "Customers prefer personal mobility so entry hatches like the Nios and the Santro are also doing well. And it has been difficult to match the demand for the i20."
"A lot of the demand is coming from tier-2 and 3 cities in states like Punjab, MP, UP and from cities like Chandigarh. What has also helped is the digital platform which is now contributing to 25% of total sales of the company, up from 10%-12% last year," he added.
The brand also said that it has its supply chains in place and that components were reaching factories faster thanks to lesser traffic across the country. Hyundai also said that they have almost zero dependence on Chinese imports.
In Hyundai related news, the brand launched the all new Tucson facelift models in the country starting at Rs 22.30 lakh, ex-showroom India. The new Tucson comes with a number of updates, and is available in petrol and diesel options. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Hyundai Starting A Third Shift At Its Production Facility
This is promising news. Adding a third shift means Hyundai is top of its game as far as safety and health protocols are concerned, and production will be back at full capacity. Hyundai has to tread this line cautiously because there is a high possibility of an outbreak at its facility.