- 11 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 14 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 14 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 16 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Budget Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 22 Highlights: Housemates Create Furor As Sonali Throws Food In The Dustbin
- News Farmers at Singhu border allege conspiracy to kill 4 leaders on Republic Day
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Hyundai Motor India has announced that it has plans of starting a third shift at its Tamil Nadu based facility, provided there are no more lockdown periods called for.
The announcement comes after the brand's Creta SUV has registered over 45,000 bookings. The brand's domestic target for the month of July is set at 39,000 units - 90 percent of Hyundai's sales for the month of July 2019.
Mr Tarun Garg, the Director for Sales and Marketing at Hyundai India said, "July is our first month of full production after the lockdown and we are planning to start a third shift but we are worried about the second wave of lockdowns and will have to see how it impacts industry."
Hyundai says that the demand for SUVs and hatchbacks like the i20 have helped the brand ramp up production quickly. The brand has witnessed its total sales for SUVs rise by 50 percent as compared to the 34 percent increase in sales from last year.
Mr Garg said, "Customers prefer personal mobility so entry hatches like the Nios and the Santro are also doing well. And it has been difficult to match the demand for the i20."
"A lot of the demand is coming from tier-2 and 3 cities in states like Punjab, MP, UP and from cities like Chandigarh. What has also helped is the digital platform which is now contributing to 25% of total sales of the company, up from 10%-12% last year," he added.
The brand also said that it has its supply chains in place and that components were reaching factories faster thanks to lesser traffic across the country. Hyundai also said that they have almost zero dependence on Chinese imports.
In Hyundai related news, the brand launched the all new Tucson facelift models in the country starting at Rs 22.30 lakh, ex-showroom India. The new Tucson comes with a number of updates, and is available in petrol and diesel options. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Hyundai Starting A Third Shift At Its Production Facility
This is promising news. Adding a third shift means Hyundai is top of its game as far as safety and health protocols are concerned, and production will be back at full capacity. Hyundai has to tread this line cautiously because there is a high possibility of an outbreak at its facility.