- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Hyundai India is set to introduce a number of BS6-compliant models in the Indian market; one of them being the Santro hatchback. Ahead of the expected launch of the Hyundai Santro BS6, Autocar India has revealed the specifications of its updated petrol engine.
The new Hyundai Santro will come with a BS6-compliant petrol engine. This will be the updated version of the same 1.1-litre petrol unit powering the current model. The new BS6-compliant engine will produce 69bhp and 99Nm of peak torque. This is the same power and torque figures as on the current BS4 model.
The engine will also continue to be paired with the same five-speed manual or a five-speed automatic transmission. Reports also suggest that Hyundai could introduce the automatic gearbox across all variants of the Santro, as compared to being offered on just the Magna and Sportz variant currently.
Apart from the updated engine, Hyundai will also most likely offer subtle updates to the interior and exteriors of the hatchback as well. The tall-boy hatchback from Hyundai could also receive a number of new features being added, especially to its top trims.
Some of these features include a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirror Link, reverse parking camera, steering-mounted controls, electrically-adjustable ORVMs and a number of others.
The new stringent emission norms are scheduled to be implemented in India, starting from 1st April 2020. All cars sold on or after this date will be mandatorily required to comply with the new emission regulations.
Currently, only the Grand i10 NIOS complies with the upcoming BS6 emission norms from the Korean brand in the Indian market. However, we can expect the company to aggressively update all other models in the coming months as well.
Apart from the BS6 updates, Hyundai is also working on introducing its next-generation Creta SUV in the Indian market. The Hyundai Creta has long been one of the best-selling mid-size SUVs in the country. However, over the past couple of months, the sales have dropped, owing to the increasing competition in the segment.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Santro BS6 Engine Details
The Hyundai Santro is among the most recognised names in the Indian market. The ‘Santro' nameplate was brought back to the Indian market, after being discontinued for a long time.
The updated Santro BS6 model could also receive a slight revision in its prices; making it a bit more premium in the market. Once launched in India, the Hyundai Santro BS6 will continue to rival the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, which already offers a BS6 engine.