- 44 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Hyundai India is currently evaluating the launch of its flag-ship Palisade SUV in the Indian market. The Hyundai Palisade was first unveiled during the end of 2018 and is currently on sale across various international markets.
In an interview with Autocar India, Tarun Garg, Director of Sales, Service and Marketing, Hyundai India, confirmed that the South Korean auto manufacturer is assessing the feasibility of bringing its flagship SUV to India, as it has generated a considerable amount of interest among the SUV-loving crowd in India.
He further added the company is also considering the import route that it will choose when the market is ready, and what kind of sales volumes it will be looking at. The company is also looking to take advantage of the new import rules, which can substantially decrease the price of the luxury-SUV. The evaluation process will also depend on the amount of customer enquiries for the Palisade SUV in the country.
According to multiple reports, the company is currently working on a right-hand-drive version for the Australian and South African markets. This will become easier for Hyundai to introduce the Palisade SUV in the India market in limited numbers.
Speaking about the features and specs of the Palisade SUV, it comes powered by a 3.8-litre V6 petrol engine producing 290bhp and 355 Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission, with power being sent to front-wheels as standard. The company also offers an optional all-wheel drive system on the SUV. Hyundai also offers the Palisade SUV with a 2.2-litre diesel unit that produces 200bhp. The diesel powertrain is limited to models sold in South Korea.
The Palisade measures 4,980mm in length, 1,975mm in width, 1,750mm in height and also has a substantial 2,900mm wheelbase. The luxury-SUV is offered in seven and eight seating configurations.
The exterior of the Palisade SUV features a large grille with horizontal slats finished in chrome, chrome alloy wheels, faux skid plates at both ends, side skirts and bold shoulder lines that accentuate the muscular look of the SUV.
It also features a two-part head lamp cluster with LED DRLs placed next to the grille on top and LED projector headlamps at the bottom. At the rear, the LED tail lamps are vertically mounted, and a large ‘Palisade' badge is placed across the boot lid.
On the Inside, the Palisade SUV features a host of equipment including a 10.25-inch centrally stacked touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and the brand's latest BlueLink connected car technology.
Other features include a Harman Kardon sound system, and a 12.3-inch fully digital LCD instrument cluster, eight-way power-adjustable front seats, power-folding and reclining third-row seats, a powered tailgate, dual automatic sunroofs, and USB charging for all rows; among others.
The safety equipment on the Palisade SUV includes a blind view monitor, Hyundai Drive-Assist with Level 2 Autonomy, a forward collision warning with pedestrian detection system, automatic emergency braking, nine airbags; and more. All these features are expected to make it to the India-spec model as well.
Once launched in India the Palisade SUV will rival the Toyota Fortuner, the Ford Endeavour, the Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace, and the Skoda Kodiaq. The Palisade SUV will be imported to the Indian market, as a result it could carry a premium pricing.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Palisade Being Evaluated For India
The Hyundai Palisade is a luxury-SUV and comes loaded with a host of features. The Indian car buyer favours the SUVs over other formats because of its practicality and ease of use it offers. The Hyundai Palisade SUV does appeal to the Indian buyers as it features a fresh design, and offers tons of space and features on the inside.