- 6 hrs ago 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- 9 hrs ago Citroen C5 Aircross Pre-Bookings Begin In India Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Renault Delivers Over 1100 Units Of the Kiger SUV Across India On The First Day: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Jaguar I-Pace Electric SUV India Launch Date Announced: Retailer Network Gears Up With Charging Stations
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- News TN election: In talks with 'like-minded' parties for alliance, says Kamal Haasan
- Sports India vs England: Pitch looks very similar to last Test: Root
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- Technology How To Book BSNL FTTH Connection Online And Via App
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
Hyundai India has been aggressively pushing new products in the Indian market. The company has already introduced the all-new Creta and the Verna facelift in the country. Now, Hyundai's premium hatchback, i30 has been spied testing by Rushlane, yet again in the Indian market.
This isn't the first time the Hyundai i30 has been spotted testing in the Indian market. The premium hatchback has been spied multiple times before. However, this time the Hyundai i30 comes with an ARAI sticker, indicating the hatchback has been undergoing testing by them.
While the previous spy pics indicated the hatchback undergoing internal homologation testing. The fresh set of spy pics with the ARAI sticker does indicate it could be under consideration for the Indian market.
As seen from the spy pics, the Hyundai i30 comes with a '1.6 D' badging, indicating it is the four-cylinder turbocharged unit. The 1.6-litre diesel engine comes with two state-of-tunes and is further mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT automatic transmission unit.
There is no information from Hyundai regarding the i30 coming to the Indian market. The premium hatchback if brought to India, will be positioned above the Elite i20 and will not have any direct rivals.
The Hyundai i30 if introduced in India would be priced at a premium of Rs 10 lakh to Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom. This is almost similar to the pricing of the new Hyundai Creta SUV, which would attract more customers than the premium hatchback.
Hyundai is focused on updating its current lineup in the Indian market. This includes updating the current models to comply with the BS6 emission norms. Hyundai has also confirmed the arrival of the next-generation Elite i20 to the Indian market, sometime later this year.
Currently, the company is offering their support to the central and state governments to fight the deadly coronavirus in the country. The South Korean carmaker recently announced a donation of Rs 5 crore to the CM's Relief Fund of Tamil Nadu — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Hyundai i30 Spied Testing In India
There is little to no possibility of Hyundai bringing the i30 premium hatchback to the Indian market. The model will be priced at a very high premium, which will deter many customers.