- 2 min ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Celebrates One Year Of Super 30; ‘Went Through Hell For A Glimpse Of Heaven’
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hyundai India has silently introduced the BS6-compliant i20 Elite premium hatchback in the market. The new Hyundai i20 Elite BS6 is now offered with a starting price of Rs 6.50 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new BS6 Hyundai i20 Elite is now offered with a range of just three variants: Magna+, Sportz+ and Asta(O). Hyundai has discontinued all other variants offered previously, including the base-spec ‘Era'. The top-spec ‘Asta(O)' variant on the Hyundai i20 BS6 is offered with a price tag of Rs 8.31 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Visually the BS6 version of the Hyundai i20 Elite remains unchanged to the previous model. The premium hatchback continues to offer the same set of features and equipment. The new BS6 models now also get projector headlamps, cornering lamps and a set of 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.
Inside, the new Hyundai i20 BS6 comes with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, multifunction steering wheel, automatic climate control, rear AC vents and a host of others; mostly carried forward from the previous model.
The most important change is the updated premium hatchback is the powertrain. The new Hyundai i20 Elite BS6 now comes with a single engine option. This is in the form of a 1.2-litre petrol unit producing 82bhp at 6000rpm and 114Nm of torque at 4000rpm, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. Hyundai has discontinued the diesel engine, previously available, along with the CVT transmission as well.
The new Hyundai i20 Elite BS6 is now offered in a range of five colour options. This includes four single-tone and one dual-tone paint scheme: Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Stardust Grey, Fiery Red and PolarWhite/Black.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the premium hatchback remains mostly unchanged. Hyundai is said to be working on the next-generation i20, which has already been spotted testing on different occasions, with an expected launch soon.
Thoughts On The Hyundai i20 Elite BS6
The Hyundai i20 Elite is one of the best-selling models from the South Korean brand in the Indian market. The premium hatchback is known to offer a host of features and equipment, along with a refined and powerful engine. The new BS6-compliant Elite i20 continues to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Tata Altroz; among others.