- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 23 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Stay At Record Highs: Check Rates
- News Killing of Shaurya Chakra awardee an international conspiracy: 2 more Khalistan terrorists nabbed
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Hyundai India has updated their official website, revealing all the details of the upcoming Grand i10 NIOS diesel BS6 model. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS diesel is the latest model in the brand's lineup to receive the BS6 update.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 diesel BS6 model remains pretty much unchanged apart from the updated engine. The hatchback uses an updated version of the same 1.2-litre diesel unit, producing 74bhp and 190Nm of peak torque. The BS6-compliant engine also comes mated with the same five-speed manual or AMT transmission options as well.
The BS6 diesel engine will be available on three variants of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS. This includes the Magna, Sportz and Asta. The mid-spec ‘Sportz' variant will be the only variant to receive the optional AMT transmission, while the five-speed manual will be standard across the three.
Hyundai, however, is yet to announce the prices for the new BS6-compliant diesel engine models. The prices are expected to be announced at a slightly later stage, once the current coronavirus lockdown is lifted in the country.
Apart from the BS6 diesel engine update, Hyundai also introduced the powerful 1.0-litre turbo-petrol on the NIOS hatchback. The turbo-petrol powered variant features a de-tuned version of the engine available on the Venue SUV. This same engine is also offered on the Hyundai Aura, the compact-sedan based on the NIOS hatchback.
Hyundai has currently shut down all operations in the Indian market, due to the nationwide lockdown imposed by the Prime Minister of India. This includes the production facility and all the sales and service touchpoints across the country as well.
Hyundai also became the best-selling UV brand in the Indian market for the month of March 2020. The combined sales of the Venue and the recently introduced new Creta SUVs, registered over 12,000 units. This helped it overtake Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Diesel BS6
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is the third-generation iteration of the hatchback in the Indian market. Since its launch in India, the NIOS hatchback has become an instant success in the market, thanks to its stylish design, premium cabin and strong performance.
The Grand i10 NIOS rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Tata Tiago and the Ford Figo in the Indian market.