- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 10 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Hyundai India has updated their official website, revealing all the details of the upcoming Grand i10 NIOS diesel BS6 model. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS diesel is the latest model in the brand's lineup to receive the BS6 update.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 diesel BS6 model remains pretty much unchanged apart from the updated engine. The hatchback uses an updated version of the same 1.2-litre diesel unit, producing 74bhp and 190Nm of peak torque. The BS6-compliant engine also comes mated with the same five-speed manual or AMT transmission options as well.
The BS6 diesel engine will be available on three variants of the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS. This includes the Magna, Sportz and Asta. The mid-spec ‘Sportz' variant will be the only variant to receive the optional AMT transmission, while the five-speed manual will be standard across the three.
Hyundai, however, is yet to announce the prices for the new BS6-compliant diesel engine models. The prices are expected to be announced at a slightly later stage, once the current coronavirus lockdown is lifted in the country.
Apart from the BS6 diesel engine update, Hyundai also introduced the powerful 1.0-litre turbo-petrol on the NIOS hatchback. The turbo-petrol powered variant features a de-tuned version of the engine available on the Venue SUV. This same engine is also offered on the Hyundai Aura, the compact-sedan based on the NIOS hatchback.
Hyundai has currently shut down all operations in the Indian market, due to the nationwide lockdown imposed by the Prime Minister of India. This includes the production facility and all the sales and service touchpoints across the country as well.
Hyundai also became the best-selling UV brand in the Indian market for the month of March 2020. The combined sales of the Venue and the recently introduced new Creta SUVs, registered over 12,000 units. This helped it overtake Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Diesel BS6
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is the third-generation iteration of the hatchback in the Indian market. Since its launch in India, the NIOS hatchback has become an instant success in the market, thanks to its stylish design, premium cabin and strong performance.
The Grand i10 NIOS rivals the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Tata Tiago and the Ford Figo in the Indian market.