- 12 hrs ago Ampere EV Scooters Prices Drop By Rs 9,000 After FAME 2 Subsidy — Model-Wise Price List
- 13 hrs ago India’s Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Unveiled In India — India’s First Hybrid Scooter
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar Bookings, Waiting Period & Delivery Details: Know Which Variant Has More Demand
- News Taking load of some ministers, scores of new entrants expected at Cabinet reshuffle
- Movies Happy Birthday Kajal Aggarwal: 5 Songs Featuring The Diva That You Must Have In Your Playlist!
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Nation mourns the death of sprint legend
- Technology Fathers Day Gift Ideas Best Premium Smartphones To Gift Your Father
- Finance 2 Upcoming IPOs In June, July
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day 2021: Effective Yoga Poses For Cold And Flu
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS hatchback recently underwent a crash test, conducted by Global NCAP. The third-generation iteration of the hatchback secured a two-star rating for both adult and child occupancy protection.
As per the crash test results, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS scored 7.05 out of 17 points for adult protection. While the hatchback got 15 from 49 points for its child occupancy protection. This allowed the Grand i10 NIOS to secure an overall two-star rating for passenger safety, when subjected to a frontal offset crash at 64km/h.
As seen from the results, the Hyundai Grand i10 which does come with dual front airbags and seatbelt pretensioners, which offer some level of protection. However, while the head and neck protection was good, chest protection was on the weaker side.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS body shell and front footwell area were deemed unstable by Global NCAP. The results also showcased the crash test dummies suffering non-fatal injuries to the lower-part of the body.
In terms of child occupant protection, the absence of ISOFIX child seat anchorage points and the non-recommendation of CRS (Child Restraints System) did hamper its ratings.
Global NCAP stated, "Global NCAP is of the opinion that car manufacturers are responsible for all the occupants and child occupants are frequent passengers. Refusing to recommend a CRS for the test raises questions about the car manufacturer policy and relevance towards child occupant protection for the Indian market."
The result also stated that the 3-year old child dummy suffered serious injuries to the head due to the excessive forward excursion during the crash, along with limited head protection. However, the 18-month old child dummy showed better protection. Global NCAP also stated that the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS doesn't offer a three-point seatbelt for all passengers.
Thoughts On The Two-Star Rating For The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS From Global NCAP
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is one of the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market and is also one of the best-selling models for the Korean carmaker in the Indian market.