- 48 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan To Star Opposite Pooja Hegde In Hanu Raghavapudi’s Period Film?
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Style In Her Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- News Is it Karnataka bandh tomorrow?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS hatchback recently underwent a crash test, conducted by Global NCAP. The third-generation iteration of the hatchback secured a two-star rating for both adult and child occupancy protection.
As per the crash test results, the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS scored 7.05 out of 17 points for adult protection. While the hatchback got 15 from 49 points for its child occupancy protection. This allowed the Grand i10 NIOS to secure an overall two-star rating for passenger safety, when subjected to a frontal offset crash at 64km/h.
As seen from the results, the Hyundai Grand i10 which does come with dual front airbags and seatbelt pretensioners, which offer some level of protection. However, while the head and neck protection was good, chest protection was on the weaker side.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS body shell and front footwell area were deemed unstable by Global NCAP. The results also showcased the crash test dummies suffering non-fatal injuries to the lower-part of the body.
In terms of child occupant protection, the absence of ISOFIX child seat anchorage points and the non-recommendation of CRS (Child Restraints System) did hamper its ratings.
Global NCAP stated, "Global NCAP is of the opinion that car manufacturers are responsible for all the occupants and child occupants are frequent passengers. Refusing to recommend a CRS for the test raises questions about the car manufacturer policy and relevance towards child occupant protection for the Indian market."
The result also stated that the 3-year old child dummy suffered serious injuries to the head due to the excessive forward excursion during the crash, along with limited head protection. However, the 18-month old child dummy showed better protection. Global NCAP also stated that the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS doesn't offer a three-point seatbelt for all passengers.
Thoughts On The Two-Star Rating For The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS From Global NCAP
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is one of the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market and is also one of the best-selling models for the Korean carmaker in the Indian market.