- 38 min ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Bookings Start Ahead Of India Launch: Expected To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Creta E Variant Spotted At Dealership: Misses Out On Some Features!
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Marazzo & KUV100 To Be Discontinued In India: No More MPVs From Mahindra?
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Warranty & Free Service Period Extension Announced: Here Are The Details
- Education SBI Admit Card 2021 Released For Pharmacist And Data Analyst Posts
- Sports Ironwood Education ropes in Ravi Shastri, B Arun, R Sridhar as advisory board members
- Technology Vaio SE14 and SX14 Carbon LCD Cover Laptop Launched In India
- News PM Modi, Harsh Vardhan thank nursing staff for their contribution against COVID-19
- Movies Sonu Sood To Bring Oxygen Plants From France To Curb The COVID-19 Pandemic In India
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccination: Daisy Shah Dolls Up In Blush-Pink Co-ord Set As She Steps Out To Get Her First Dose
- Finance Urban Employment At Over 10-Month High Of Close To 12% Worrisome
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Hyundai Motor India has launched the Grand i10 NIOS with a turbo-petrol engine in the market. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS turbo petrol model is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.68 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The turbocharged petrol engine on the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will be available only in the mid-spec Sportz and Sportz (dual-tone) variants. The engine has been borrowed from its compact-SUV sibling, the Venue.
This engine comes in the form of a 998cc three-cylinder turbo-petrol unit producing 100bhp at 6000rpm and 172Nm of torque between 1500 - 4000rpm. The engine is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. With the addition of the 100bhp turbo-petrol unit, the new variant is now the most powerful Grand i10 model available in the lineup.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS continues to be offered with the same set of dual-tone paint scheme options as well. This includes the Fiery Red/Black and Polar White/Black paint schemes. The single-tone colour choices include Aqua Teal and Polar White.
Positioned between the standard ‘Sportz' variant and the top-spec ‘Asta' variant. The Sportz variant with the T-GDi engine option also comes with a number of new features, both on the exterior and interior as well.
Some of the new features on the turbo-petrol powered variant include 15-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, all-black interiors with contrasting colour inserts, leather-wrapped steering wheels, wireless phone charging, USB charging port and projector headlamps.
Tarun Garg, Director - Sales, Marketing & Service, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said,
"The Grand i10 Nios is developed for Young Urban Progressive buyers. We have launched the Grand i10 Nios in petrol, diesel & CNG Bi-fuel types, offering an array of choices to our valued customers. The Grand i10 Nios Sportz variant with the 1.0-litre Turbo GDi engine has been introduced for auto enthusiasts that aspire for a power-packed performance."
Thoughts On The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS T-GDi Petrol Unit
The Hyundai Grand i10 is a good-looking hatchback in the Indian market, brought in fairly recently in late-2019. The new turbo-petrol engine on the Grand i10 NIOS now makes it even more sporty and attractive. The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS continues to rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Tata Tiago and the Maruti Suzuki Swift in the Indian market.