- 14 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 18 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Lifestyle Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- News Elon Musk's SpaceX rocket ship blasts off into orbit with 2 Americans
- Sports Bayern Munich 5-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf: Champions move 10 points clear
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai Motor India has launched the Grand i10 NIOS with a turbo-petrol engine in the market. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS turbo petrol model is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.68 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The turbocharged petrol engine on the Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will be available only in the mid-spec Sportz and Sportz (dual-tone) variants. The engine has been borrowed from its compact-SUV sibling, the Venue.
This engine comes in the form of a 998cc three-cylinder turbo-petrol unit producing 100bhp at 6000rpm and 172Nm of torque between 1500 - 4000rpm. The engine is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. With the addition of the 100bhp turbo-petrol unit, the new variant is now the most powerful Grand i10 model available in the lineup.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS continues to be offered with the same set of dual-tone paint scheme options as well. This includes the Fiery Red/Black and Polar White/Black paint schemes. The single-tone colour choices include Aqua Teal and Polar White.
Positioned between the standard ‘Sportz' variant and the top-spec ‘Asta' variant. The Sportz variant with the T-GDi engine option also comes with a number of new features, both on the exterior and interior as well.
Some of the new features on the turbo-petrol powered variant include 15-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, all-black interiors with contrasting colour inserts, leather-wrapped steering wheels, wireless phone charging, USB charging port and projector headlamps.
Tarun Garg, Director - Sales, Marketing & Service, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said,
"The Grand i10 Nios is developed for Young Urban Progressive buyers. We have launched the Grand i10 Nios in petrol, diesel & CNG Bi-fuel types, offering an array of choices to our valued customers. The Grand i10 Nios Sportz variant with the 1.0-litre Turbo GDi engine has been introduced for auto enthusiasts that aspire for a power-packed performance."
Thoughts On The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS T-GDi Petrol Unit
The Hyundai Grand i10 is a good-looking hatchback in the Indian market, brought in fairly recently in late-2019. The new turbo-petrol engine on the Grand i10 NIOS now makes it even more sporty and attractive. The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS continues to rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Tata Tiago and the Maruti Suzuki Swift in the Indian market.