- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Hyundai India has launched the BS6-compliant diesel-powered Elantra sedan in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel engine is offered in two variants: SX and SX(O) and is available with a starting price of Rs 18.70 lakh. The top-spec variant is priced slightly higher at Rs 20.65 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel uses an updated version of the same 1.5-litre CRDi engine. It produces 114bhp at 4000rpm and 250Nm of torque at 1,750rpm. The base SX variant receives a six-speed manual transmission, while the SX(O) trim comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said,
"Hyundai Elantra is a true global sedan and finest expression of authentic design by Hyundai Motor Studio. As a Smart Mobility Solutions Provider, Hyundai has been leading the way with cleaner & efficient technologies such as our line-up of BS6 powertrains."
"We are enhancing customer delight on Elantra with the addition of Fun to Drive & Powerful 1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 Powertrains. Additionally, Hyundai is also providing an improved value proposition for existing Petrol BS6 Powertrain options on Elantra."
Apart from the update to the engine, the Hyundai Elantra remains almost unchanged otherwise. The executive sedan comes packed with features and equipment on both its variants. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs, large infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's latest Blue Link connected technology.
Other features also include wireless charging, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, tyre pressure monitoring system, rearview camera, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, high-speed alert system and a host of other equipment as well.
The Hyundai Elantra is also offered with a petrol engine as well. The petrol unit on the Elantra comes in the form of a 2.0-litre engine, which has already been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. Prices for the petrol-powered Hyundai Elantra models start at Rs 17.60 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Hyundai Elantra BS6 Diesel
The Hyundai Elantra is a premium sedan offering from the South Korean carmaker in the Indian market. The Elantra BS6 diesel continues to rival the likes of the Skoda Octavia and the Honda Civic in the Indian market.