- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 17 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- Sports F1 2020: Bottas and Russell share front row in Hamilton's absence
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
Hyundai India has launched the BS6-compliant diesel-powered Elantra sedan in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel engine is offered in two variants: SX and SX(O) and is available with a starting price of Rs 18.70 lakh. The top-spec variant is priced slightly higher at Rs 20.65 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Hyundai Elantra BS6 diesel uses an updated version of the same 1.5-litre CRDi engine. It produces 114bhp at 4000rpm and 250Nm of torque at 1,750rpm. The base SX variant receives a six-speed manual transmission, while the SX(O) trim comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., said,
"Hyundai Elantra is a true global sedan and finest expression of authentic design by Hyundai Motor Studio. As a Smart Mobility Solutions Provider, Hyundai has been leading the way with cleaner & efficient technologies such as our line-up of BS6 powertrains."
"We are enhancing customer delight on Elantra with the addition of Fun to Drive & Powerful 1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 Powertrains. Additionally, Hyundai is also providing an improved value proposition for existing Petrol BS6 Powertrain options on Elantra."
Apart from the update to the engine, the Hyundai Elantra remains almost unchanged otherwise. The executive sedan comes packed with features and equipment on both its variants. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs, large infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's latest Blue Link connected technology.
Other features also include wireless charging, steering-mounted controls, cruise control, tyre pressure monitoring system, rearview camera, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, high-speed alert system and a host of other equipment as well.
The Hyundai Elantra is also offered with a petrol engine as well. The petrol unit on the Elantra comes in the form of a 2.0-litre engine, which has already been updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms. Prices for the petrol-powered Hyundai Elantra models start at Rs 17.60 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Hyundai Elantra BS6 Diesel
The Hyundai Elantra is a premium sedan offering from the South Korean carmaker in the Indian market. The Elantra BS6 diesel continues to rival the likes of the Skoda Octavia and the Honda Civic in the Indian market.