- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 11 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Sports I knew I wanted to become like Viswanathan Anand: Young Grandmaster and Chess prodigy Praggnanandha
- Movies Four More Shots Please Star Kirti Kulhari Opens Up About Self-Love Under COVID-19 Lockdown
- News Centre asks states to streamline inter-state movement of personnel engaged in locust control
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai Motor has announced the discontinuation of the base-spec 'S' variant of their Elantra sedan in the Indian market. The Hyundai Elantra S was priced at Rs 15.89 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The discontinuation of the base-spec ‘S' variant, has increased the starting price for the Hyundai Elantra in the Indian market. The Hyundai Elantra ‘SX' now replaces the ‘S' as the new entry-level variant in the lineup. The new base variant is almost Rs 3 lakh costlier than the previous model and is priced at Rs 18.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Hyundai hasn't made any official statement regarding the exact reason for the variant's discontinuation. However, the company website has been updated to reflect the changes.
The Hyundai Elantra was updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms in the Indian market recently. The new BS6-compliant sedan comes powered by 2.0-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine offering.
The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 150bhp and 192Nm of peak torque. The 1.5-litre diesel engine is the same which also powers the Creta SUV. It produces the same 115bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox.
With the variant update, the 2020 Hyundai Elantra is now offered in a choice of three variants: SX MT, SX AT, SX(O) AT. Apart from the changes to the variant lineup, no other changes have been made. The Elantra sedan continues to offer a host of features and equipment, including a number of best-in-segment options as well.
The Hyundai Elantra in India is offered in a choice of five paint schemes: Fiery Red, Polar White, Marina Blue, Typhoon Silver, and Phantom Black. Apart from the recent update for the Hyundai Elantra, the company is currently in the process of restarting production, sales and aftersales operations in the Indian market.
Hyundai recently announced that the company received over 4000 enquiries with over 500 bookings for their models within the first two days of restarting operations. The company also announced 170 units of sales during the same period — here are more details.
Thoughts About Hyundai Elantra S Variant Discontinued
The Hyundai Elantra ‘S' variant has been discontinued from the model's lineup. The Elantra sedan now comes with a starting price of Rs 18.49 lakh and rivals the likes of the Honda Civic in the Indian market.