- 51 min ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha FZS-Fi Vintage Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- News Gujarat BJP MP Abhay Bharadwaj dies during COVID-19 treatment; PM Modi expresses grief
- Technology Tata Sky Offering Discounts On Long Term Broadband Plans
- Movies Money Heist: Netflix To Make Korean Version Of The Hit Spanish Series
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni among Yahoo's List Of Most Searched Personalities in 2020
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms
- Finance LPG Cylinder Booking Via WhatsApp And SMS: Know The Process
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Hyundai Motor has announced the discontinuation of the base-spec 'S' variant of their Elantra sedan in the Indian market. The Hyundai Elantra S was priced at Rs 15.89 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The discontinuation of the base-spec ‘S' variant, has increased the starting price for the Hyundai Elantra in the Indian market. The Hyundai Elantra ‘SX' now replaces the ‘S' as the new entry-level variant in the lineup. The new base variant is almost Rs 3 lakh costlier than the previous model and is priced at Rs 18.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Hyundai hasn't made any official statement regarding the exact reason for the variant's discontinuation. However, the company website has been updated to reflect the changes.
The Hyundai Elantra was updated to comply with the BS6 emission norms in the Indian market recently. The new BS6-compliant sedan comes powered by 2.0-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine offering.
The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 150bhp and 192Nm of peak torque. The 1.5-litre diesel engine is the same which also powers the Creta SUV. It produces the same 115bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox.
With the variant update, the 2020 Hyundai Elantra is now offered in a choice of three variants: SX MT, SX AT, SX(O) AT. Apart from the changes to the variant lineup, no other changes have been made. The Elantra sedan continues to offer a host of features and equipment, including a number of best-in-segment options as well.
The Hyundai Elantra in India is offered in a choice of five paint schemes: Fiery Red, Polar White, Marina Blue, Typhoon Silver, and Phantom Black. Apart from the recent update for the Hyundai Elantra, the company is currently in the process of restarting production, sales and aftersales operations in the Indian market.
Hyundai recently announced that the company received over 4000 enquiries with over 500 bookings for their models within the first two days of restarting operations. The company also announced 170 units of sales during the same period — here are more details.
Thoughts About Hyundai Elantra S Variant Discontinued
The Hyundai Elantra ‘S' variant has been discontinued from the model's lineup. The Elantra sedan now comes with a starting price of Rs 18.49 lakh and rivals the likes of the Honda Civic in the Indian market.