- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 15 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance SBI Notifies Extension In Loan Moratorium; Eases Process To Avail It
- Technology Premium Gaming Laptops To Buy In India
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai Creta sales have overtaken the Kia Seltos for the first time, since the latter's launch in the Indian market in August 2019. The Kia Seltos sales in December 2019, declined drastically by 67% to 4,645 units allowing Creta to beat the Seltos in terms of sales.
The Hyundai Creta in December 2019 also regained the title of the best-selling mid-size SUV in the Indian market. The Hyundai SUV registered 6,713 units of sales last month, which is, however, still a decline of 12% compared to December 2018 when it recorded slightly higher 7,631 units of sales.
Hyundai is currently working on the next-generation iteration of the Creta SUV, which is scheduled to be unveiled at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo in February. The new-generation Hyundai Creta will go on sale at a later stage and will feature the same engine options as the Kia Seltos.
This includes a 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission regulations. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel offerings on the Hyundai Creta are also said to offer the same power figures as on the Seltos.
Both engines produce the same 115bhp of power output while the 1.5-litre petrol offers 144Nm of peak torque, the 1.5-litre diesel churns out 250Nm of torque. Both engines will also be mated to the same six-speed manual gearbox choices as well. In terms of automatic transmission options, Hyundai is yet to confirm if the new Creta will borrow these as well from the Seltos.
Another question yet to be confirmed is whether or not Hyundai will receive the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol option, available on the Seltos' GT-Line trims. Hyundai will release more information regarding the new Creta closer to the date of launch.
As for Kia Motors, the company hasn't yet stated any specific reason for the sudden decrease in sales numbers of the Seltos, which in November 2019 registered over 14,000 units of sales. The Korean company is, however, preparing for the launch of its second product in the Indian market — the Carnival MPV.
The new Kia Carnival premium MPV is said to go on sale in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. The MPV will be positioned as a premium offering from the brand in the Indian market, without expecting volume sales.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Creta Sales Overtaking Kia Seltos
The Hyundai Creta has long been the best-selling product in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. However, the attractive design, feature-rich interiors and the strong performance of the Kia Seltos had affected sales of the Creta in the Indian market.