- 6 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 8 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Halep overcomes Krejcikova test with determined fightback in Prague
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The 2020 Hyundai Creta has become a monstrous hit for the brand in the Indian market. According to the recent announcement from the company, it has received over 45,000 bookings for the mid-size SUV.
Hyundai continues to offer the all-new Creta with both petrol and diesel engine options. When questions about the inclusion of a diesel engine, the company aims to offers a well-rounded SUV that cater to everyone's needs and find a powertrain that suits best.
The gamble for including a diesel powertrain on the Creta after the BS6 update has paid off for Hyundai. According to the latest report from Cardekho, the company has reported that 56 per cent of the Creta's overall sales belong to diesel models.
While most manufacturers have shifted to petrol-only model after the BS6 update, Hyundai is among few companies that are confident on diesel models still having a market. So far, they haven't been proven wrong as we look at the sales figures for the Creta SUV.
The Creta's rivals except for Kia Motors in India does not offer a diesel engine in the mid-size SUV space. Some of the upcoming launches in the same segment such as the 2021 Volkswagen Taigun and the Skoda Vision IN are also petrol-only offerings.
With the BS6 update, most manufacturer's believed the demand for diesel units will substantially come down. As a result, automaker switched to petrol-only models with some manufacturer offering turbo-petrol engines to offer customers a punchy feel of a forced-induction engine.
Another reason behind our surprised reaction is because current diesel prices have been skyrocketing. In some states, diesel fuel prices are more than petrol. Whether this could shift the customer's demand from diesel to petrol models especially with the Creta remains to be seen.
Hyundai has also revealed that new technology such as an air purifier has appealed to 37 per cent of Creta buyers. Apart from an air-purifier, the SUV also comes with a host of new features such as a 10.25-inch horizontally-positioned touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's latest ‘Blue-Link' connected technology, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, and a panoramic sunroof; among others.
The Creta is offered with three engine and transmission options: 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, and the top-spec 1.4-litre T-GDI turbo-petrol unit. All three engines come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard.
The company is also offering three different optional automatic transmissions depending on the engine. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units come mated to a six-speed IVT and torque converter unit, respectively.
While the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox. The Creta diesel variants are currently priced between Rs 9.99 lakh and 17.2 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Hyudai Creta Diesel Variant Demand Continue To Increase Despite BS6 Update & Fuel Prices
Hyundai and Kia are currently in a very good position in the Indian market as both brand offer diesel powertrain. In addition to this, Hyundai has gone a step further to offer most of its hatchback and sedan models with oil burner power unit as well. The Creta has been the top-selling SUV for since its launch in March 2020.