- 6 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 7 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 8 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Hyundai Motors has announced that the company has registered 12,583 units of sales in the Indian market during the month of May 2020. Out of the total sales registered 6,883 units came from the domestic market while the remaining 5,700 were from exports.
The South Korean brand is the second-largest car manufacturer in the Indian market. The company resumed operations in mid-May, after having been shut down for more than a month due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hyundai had previously reported that they had registered over 5000 bookings and over 15,000 enquiries within the first two days of restarting sales and service operations in the country. Hyundai has reopened most of its dealerships across India, apart from those in the containment zone.
All dealerships are following safety and social distancing guidelines and protocols set by both the government and the brand themselves. This is to ensure the safety of both the workforce and the visiting customers to the dealerships.
Hyundai also stated that the sales during the previous month were mostly led by the latest-generation Creta, the Venue and the Grand i10 NIOS; all of which have been received extremely well in their respective segments.
Hyundai even launched the Verna facelift in the Indian market recently. The new Hyundai Verna comes with a major update to its design, especially at the front. Positioned in the executive sedan segment, the new Hyundai Verna is a strong competitor among its rivals, which includes the recently updated Volkswagen Vento, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the upcoming Honda City.
Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Limited said,
"In an extremely challenging market environment, HMIL made a humble beginning towards normalcy by registering cumulative sales of 12,583 for the month of May 2020. This performance was made possible on account of strong customer interest and demand-pull generated by trendsetter brands like the all-new Creta, new Verna, Venue, Elite i20 and Grand i10 NIOS."
"Drawing strength from Hyundai's vision of ‘Progress for Humanity', we have prepared ourselves to welcome our customers back in this ‘New Normal' while ensuring adherence to safety guidelines at our showrooms and workshops and expedite economic recovery."
Thoughts About Hyundai Car Sales Report For May 2020
The Hyundai car sales report showcases an improving demand for vehicles in the Indian market. With production operations having resumed since mid-May, companies are registering a slow rise in demand for vehicles, although it will still take a couple of months to get back on track.