- 3 hrs ago eBikeGo To Install 3,000 Charging Stations In Five Cities Across India: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Takes A Dig At Another Maruti Suzuki Car: Global NCAP Rating Battle Continues!
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BS6 Launched In India At Rs 8.84 Lakh: The Adv-Tourer Becomes Costlier
- 10 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Unofficial Bookings Open: Here Are All Details
- News Foreign Minister Jaishankar to begin 6-day tour of Bahrain, UAE and Seychelles from Tuesday
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: After Salman Khan’s Jokes, Disha Parmar Replies To Rahul Vaidya’s Marriage Proposal
- Sports Moukoko could become youngest Champions League player
- Finance SEBI Proposes Relaxation On Re-Classification Of Promoter As Public Shareholder
- Lifestyle COVID-19 In India: Hospital Urges Government To Make Masks Mandatory To Fight Second Wave
- Technology Two Oppo Reno5 Variants Get Benchmarked; Processor Details Confirmed
- Education KCET Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Schedule Released
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
Hyundai India recently announced that they registered sales of 12,583 units in the Indian market during the previous month of May 2020. Out of these, 6,883 units came from the domestic market while the remaining 5,700 units were registered from exports.
The company also registered that the newly launched Hyundai Creta registered the highest sales figure of 3,212 units in the previous month. The Creta also went on to become the best-selling car in the country in the previous month as well.
|Model||May 2020 Sales||May 2019 Sales|
|Grand i10 NIOS||706||-|
Having said that, we now have the model-wise sales figures of each of the other models from Hyundai, which are currently on sale in the Indian market. As seen in the table above, the Hyundai Venue registered the second-highest sales in the brand's lineup. The compact-SUV registered 1,242 units of sales in May 2020.
Following the Hyundai Venue is the brand's premium hatchback offering, the Elite i20. The Hyundai Elite i20 has always been among the best-selling models for the brand in the Indian market. However, with sales of 878 units, the hatchback came in at third position for the brand. During the same period in 2019, the Elite i20 had registered close to 8,600 units of sale; registering a 90% decline last month.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS and its compact-sedan sibling, the Aura came in fourth and fifth. The NIOS and the Aura models registered 706 and 349 units of sales, respectively. The Hyundai Aura is a compact-sedan offering, based on the NIOS and is sold alongside the Xcent sedan.
The Hyundai Verna and the Santro are next in line. While the Verna registered 317 units, sales of the Santro fell to just 157 units in the month of May 2020. The Hyundai Santro witnessed the most drastic year-on-year sales drop of 97% from 4,902 units in May 2019.
Other popular models such as the Hyundai Elantra and Kona electric registered minimum sales of just 6 and 4 units, respectively. Hyundai is currently working on introducing the Tucson facelift in the Indian market. The 2020 Hyundai Tucson facelift was showcased at the Auto Expo, held in February this year.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Model-Wise Car Sales Figures For May 2020
Hyundai, like all other car manufacturers, has suffered massively in terms of sales over the last two months. However, the South Korean carmaker is witnessing a good demand for its products in the country, post lockdown, especially ones like the Creta Venue and the Verna.