- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Hyundai India recently announced that they registered sales of 12,583 units in the Indian market during the previous month of May 2020. Out of these, 6,883 units came from the domestic market while the remaining 5,700 units were registered from exports.
The company also registered that the newly launched Hyundai Creta registered the highest sales figure of 3,212 units in the previous month. The Creta also went on to become the best-selling car in the country in the previous month as well.
|Model||May 2020 Sales||May 2019 Sales|
|Grand i10 NIOS||706||-|
Having said that, we now have the model-wise sales figures of each of the other models from Hyundai, which are currently on sale in the Indian market. As seen in the table above, the Hyundai Venue registered the second-highest sales in the brand's lineup. The compact-SUV registered 1,242 units of sales in May 2020.
Following the Hyundai Venue is the brand's premium hatchback offering, the Elite i20. The Hyundai Elite i20 has always been among the best-selling models for the brand in the Indian market. However, with sales of 878 units, the hatchback came in at third position for the brand. During the same period in 2019, the Elite i20 had registered close to 8,600 units of sale; registering a 90% decline last month.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS and its compact-sedan sibling, the Aura came in fourth and fifth. The NIOS and the Aura models registered 706 and 349 units of sales, respectively. The Hyundai Aura is a compact-sedan offering, based on the NIOS and is sold alongside the Xcent sedan.
The Hyundai Verna and the Santro are next in line. While the Verna registered 317 units, sales of the Santro fell to just 157 units in the month of May 2020. The Hyundai Santro witnessed the most drastic year-on-year sales drop of 97% from 4,902 units in May 2019.
Other popular models such as the Hyundai Elantra and Kona electric registered minimum sales of just 6 and 4 units, respectively. Hyundai is currently working on introducing the Tucson facelift in the Indian market. The 2020 Hyundai Tucson facelift was showcased at the Auto Expo, held in February this year.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Model-Wise Car Sales Figures For May 2020
Hyundai, like all other car manufacturers, has suffered massively in terms of sales over the last two months. However, the South Korean carmaker is witnessing a good demand for its products in the country, post lockdown, especially ones like the Creta Venue and the Verna.