- 7 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 12 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- News Donald Trump's trial, Biden's Cabinet picks await Senate post-siege
- Movies Nawazuddin Siddiqui On His Favourite On-Screen Character: My Likes And Dislikes Are Different
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL), announced the commencement of pre-bookings for the upcoming BS6 Jazz in the Indian market. The premium hatchback is expected to arrive sometime in the coming weeks.
The New Jazz BS6 can be pre-booked for a token amount of Rs 21,000 at all authorized HCIL dealerships across the country. Alternatively, customers can also book the car online using the brand's ‘Honda from Home' platform on the HCIL website for a nominal amount of Rs 5,000.
Alongside the pre-booking announcement, the company has also revealed the new changes made to the soon-to-be-launched hatchback. It features subtle interior and exterior changes and upgrades over the previous model.
The exterior changes include a new grille finished in gloss black with chrome accents, new LED headlamps with integrated DRL, new LED fog lamps, and the brand's signature LED wing light taillamps at the rear. It also features a reworked front and rear bumper design.
On the inside, the hatchback is offered with one-touch electric sunroof, cruise control, keyless entry and a push-button start/stop system in both Manual and CVT. The Jazz CVT model also features the segment-first paddle-shifters. According to the company, the CVT models of the hatchback accounted for around 70 per cent of sales during the previous financial year.
Mr Rajesh Goel, Senior Vice President and Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, "We are excited to open the bookings for the new Jazz which is slated for launch later this month. The new Jazz with its stylish sporty new look, outstanding interior package and segment-unique One Touch Electric Sunroof will appeal to the customers who are looking for the absolute best in the segment"
He further added, "Over the years, we observed Jazz customers demonstrating a strong preference towards petrol powertrains. Responding to this trend, we have decided to offer the New Jazz exclusively in petrol engine in both Manual and CVT variants. With this latest offering and a full festive season ahead of us, we see fresh excitement in the premium hatchback segment."
The other change that will be made to the 2020 Jazz include a physical button control unit for the climate control system, which will replace the touchpad system seen on the older model. It will continue to feature a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The BS6 Honda Jazz will be powered by an updated version of the same 1.2-litre petrol engine that was powering the BS4 models. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produced 89bhp and 110Nm of torque and came mated either a five-speed manual or an optional CVT automatic. We expect the power and torque figures to remain the same in BS6 model as well.
Thoughts About The Honda Jazz BS6 Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch
Honda is expected to launch the updated Jazz sometime this month. Once launched, the Jazz will rival the Hyundai Elite i20, the Volkswagen Polo, the Maruti Baleno, the Toyota Glanza and the Tata Altroz. Like most models in the segment, Honda Jazz BS6 will also be sold as a petrol-only model in the market.