- 5 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 6 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 9 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Gauahar Khan & Zaid Darbar Announce Their Wedding Date; The Bride-To-Be Reveals Zaid Proposed After A Month Of Courtship
- News Deep depression over Bay of Bengal now cyclonic storm 'Burevi'
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 Gets New Firmware Update In India: What Does The New Changelog Offers?
- Sports Three more members of Pakistan squad in New Zealand test positive for COVID-19: PCB source
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
The launch of the Honda HR-V in the Indian market has been in the pipeline for quite a while now. Honda had first showcased an interest in launching the SUV back in 2017 but did not. However, now the company is working introducing the new-gen version for the HR-V mid-size SUV.
According to a report by GaadiWaadi, Honda originally had planned to launch the SUV early next year. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Japanese carmaker has postponed the launch event by a few months, to May 2021.
The Honda HR-V is expected to measure about 4,400 mm in length, 1,790 mm in width and 1,590 mm in height, which is slightly more than the current model. However, the wheelbase measuring at 2,610 mm is expected to remain the same.
Mechanically, the new-gen HR-V is expected to be powered by both petrol and diesel powertrains, but in different tunes. One of them is a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine. Some of the features that the new SUV is expected to receive are full-LED headlamps and tail lamps, 16-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, an 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and Weblink connectivity.
It is also likely to get the Honda Connect telematics system with 32 connected-car tech, Alexa remote capability, a 7.0-inch MID, paddle shifters (for CVT only), rear sunshade, an electric sunroof, auto-dimming IRVM, and ambient lighting out of many.
In other recent auto news, Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India has announced that it will be extending the warranty enrollment period for its two-wheelers. Customers can avail an extended warranty of three years within 550 days (or less than 1.5 years old) after the day of purchase of the vehicle.
This scheme is valid across the nation and will cover major damaged parts at minimum cost. It is also transferable if the vehicle changes owners and the customers can also get a fast and efficient quality replacement up to 6 long years. It also enhances the resale value of your two-wheeler over the years.
Thoughts About The Honda HR-V
We are expecting the Honda HR-V to be priced around Rs 13 lakh, ex-showroom mark. Once launched, the Honda HR-V will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the MG Hector.