- 50 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Honda India Foundation has extended their support to various state governments across the country to fight against COVID-19. The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) arm of Honda India announced their support to state governments of Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Gujarat.
The company has stated that they have handed over 800 units of Honda engine powered High-Pressure Backpack Sprayers. The equipment has been handed over to the main authorities of each state.
This includes Sadan Ahlawat, Personal Secretary to the Chief Minister of Haryana; Gautam Trivedi, Personal Assistant to the Health Minister of Rajasthan; Sarfaraj Khan, Joint Commissioner, Bangalore, Karnataka and M.N. Patel, Deputy Collector, Gujarat Urban Development Mission, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Talking about the High-Pressure Backpack Sprayers, the equipment is built using Honda's reliable engine with 4-stroke technology. The machine is environment-friendly and portable and can be easily used in multi-storey buildings. Honda stated that the backpack sprayers can help complete the sanitisation process much faster as the spray reaches distant areas, due to its high speed capacity.
Apart from the 800 units of backpack sprayers handed over to authorities, Honda India are also supporting the poor and underprivileged. The company has started the distribution of up to a 1000 food packets every day since the 3rd of April. The food packets are being supplied to people in different villages including Khoh Village (Dist Gurugram), Mohindergarh (Haryana) and Vithalapur (Gujarat).
In the state of Karnataka, Honda is distributing over 500 food packets to the state Police, as a show of support to those risking their lives for the safety of others. Honda started distributing the food packets since the 1st of April 2020.
Apart from this, the company has also been providing food packets to the local administration of Tapukara & Greater Noida. These food packets are being distributed by the local authorities to the poor and homeless in the area. Honda India has stated that since the past 22 days, they have provided a total of close to 9000 food packets already.
Thoughts About Honda India Foundation's Extended Support Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
With the entire country under lockdown for an extended period, many automotive manufacturers have also extended support, especially for the poor, homeless and underprivileged.