- 20 min ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- 1 hr ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Variant To Launch Soon In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News Explained: Migrants' 'ghar wapsi' behind COVID-19 spike in India?
- Finance Commercial Coal Mining Can Halve Annual Import Bill
- Movies Governor Of Veneto Confirms, Venice Film Festival To Go Ahead With 2020 Edition
- Technology JioMart Expands To 200 Cities Across India Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sports Balbir Singh Sr passes away: Virat Kohli, Abhinav Bindra, Amit Shah condole
- Lifestyle Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Sonakshi Sinha, Mahira Khan, And Other Divas Who Have Red Ethnic Outfits For Us
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda India Foundation has extended their support to various state governments across the country to fight against COVID-19. The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) arm of Honda India announced their support to state governments of Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Gujarat.
The company has stated that they have handed over 800 units of Honda engine powered High-Pressure Backpack Sprayers. The equipment has been handed over to the main authorities of each state.
This includes Sadan Ahlawat, Personal Secretary to the Chief Minister of Haryana; Gautam Trivedi, Personal Assistant to the Health Minister of Rajasthan; Sarfaraj Khan, Joint Commissioner, Bangalore, Karnataka and M.N. Patel, Deputy Collector, Gujarat Urban Development Mission, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Talking about the High-Pressure Backpack Sprayers, the equipment is built using Honda's reliable engine with 4-stroke technology. The machine is environment-friendly and portable and can be easily used in multi-storey buildings. Honda stated that the backpack sprayers can help complete the sanitisation process much faster as the spray reaches distant areas, due to its high speed capacity.
Apart from the 800 units of backpack sprayers handed over to authorities, Honda India are also supporting the poor and underprivileged. The company has started the distribution of up to a 1000 food packets every day since the 3rd of April. The food packets are being supplied to people in different villages including Khoh Village (Dist Gurugram), Mohindergarh (Haryana) and Vithalapur (Gujarat).
In the state of Karnataka, Honda is distributing over 500 food packets to the state Police, as a show of support to those risking their lives for the safety of others. Honda started distributing the food packets since the 1st of April 2020.
Apart from this, the company has also been providing food packets to the local administration of Tapukara & Greater Noida. These food packets are being distributed by the local authorities to the poor and homeless in the area. Honda India has stated that since the past 22 days, they have provided a total of close to 9000 food packets already.
Thoughts About Honda India Foundation's Extended Support Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
With the entire country under lockdown for an extended period, many automotive manufacturers have also extended support, especially for the poor, homeless and underprivileged.