- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 3 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 19 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Finance Essel Group: GST Officers Arrest Two for Passing Bogus ITC Worth Rs 392 Crore
- Sports India vs England, 4th Test: Wasim Jaffer rubbishes pitch talks, tells English batters to score runs
- Movies Rakhi Sawant On Rubina Dilaik And Abhinav Shukla: They Are Only Close Because Of Me
- News Pakistan PM Imran Khan wins trust vote
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
The Honda Civic sales cross 5,000 units in India. A total 5,315 units of the executive-sedan have been sold in India. Out of which 2,291 Honda Civics were sold in the first two months of the launch.
Honda launched the tenth-gen Civic in India last year. The sedan has faired well and has registered good sales numbers, considering the decreasing demand for C-segment sedans in India.
This lack of demand is of the reasons for brands not introducing their executive-sedans to meet BSVI standards, for example, the Toyota Corolla Altis. However, some manufacturers have launched their C-segment sedans in the Indian market. The latest entrant is the tenth-gen Honda Civic.
The new Civic was off to a great start by registering of 2,291 units sold within the first two months. While the popularity in the initial phase reduced, the car continues to remain one of the most popular models in the segment.
The tenth-gen Honda Civic features modern and new-age design. The new sedan comes equipped with LED headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps with chrome surrounds, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, C-shaped LED taillamps and a small raised boot lip spoiler.
On the inside, the sedan features a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It also features, steering mounted controls, a push-button for start/stop function, dual-zone climate control, digital instrument cluster, sunroof and more. The dashboard and the upper panels of the doors feature soft-touch materials giving the cabin a premium feel.
the new-gen Civic is powered by a 1.8-litre petrol engine producing 140bhp of power and 174Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to a standard CVT automatic gearbox. The diesel variant of the Honda Civic has been discontinued in India — here are all the details.
The Honda Civic rivals the Skoda Octavia and the Hyundai Elantra in the Indian market. The Civic is offered in three variants: V, VX and ZX. The executive sedan retails between Rs 17.94 lakh and Rs 21.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The Honda Civic Sales Crossing 5,000 Units in India
With the increasing demand for SUVs in the price bracket, the C-segment sedans are losing its value. Back in the day, these executive-sedans had desirability factor working in their favour. However, small car owners can now easily jump to a compact-sedan without taking a huge leap into the executive-sedans. While most of the C-segment sedans have been discontinued in India, the tenth-generation Honda Civic is still holding its ground. Kudos Honda!