- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Honda Cars India has launched the BS6-compliant diesel engine on its Civic sedan in the Indian market. The new Honda Civic diesel BS6 sedan is offered in two variants: VX and ZX, with the lower trim offered at a price tag of Rs 20.72 lakh. The higher-spec ZX trim, on the other hand, is priced at a slight premium of Rs 22.34 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Talking about the engine, the Honda Civic diesel BS6 engine comes in the form of a 1.5-litre i-DTEC turbocharged unit. It produces 118bhp at 4000rpm and 300Nm of peak torque at 2000rpm and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The i-DTEC diesel engine on the Honda Civic is part of the brand's Earth Dream Technology Series. This ensures the diesel engine offers a perfect combination of both performance and maximum efficiency as well. Honda claims that the BS6-compliant diesel engine on the Civic is capable of returning a mileage of 23.9k/l.
Rajesh Goel, Sr. VP & Director, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said,
"Honda is committed to bringing its latest and advanced environment-friendly technologies to the Indian market. With the introduction of the BS6 diesel version of our iconic sedan Honda Civic, our entire sedan lineup will offer the choice of both Petrol and Diesel to cater to our esteemed customers. The Diesel Civic is available in Manual Transmission and will appeal to customers looking for sheer driving pleasure."
Apart from the BS6 update, both variants of the Honda Civic, namely VX and ZX now come with curtain airbags, taking the tally to six airbags as standard.
No other changes have been made on the brand's premium sedan offering in the Indian market. The Honda Civic is also offered with a BS6-compliant petrol engine as well. This comes in the form of a 1.8-litre i-VTEC which is further mated exclusively to a CVT automatic transmission unit.
Both variants of the Honda Civic come with a host of features and equipment as standard. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, large touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone automatic climate control, electric sunroof and a host of others as well.
Thoughts On The Honda Civic Diesel BS6 Launch In India
The Honda Civic BS6 Diesel has been introduced in the Indian market. The premium Honda Civic is a popular offering in India's premium sedan segment and rivals the Skoda Octavia and the likes.