- 36 min ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 1 hr ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 16 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 16 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Technology Samsung To Launch More Flagship Galaxy Fan Edition Phones In Future
- Movies Ram Charan To Play The Lead Role In Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s Next?
- Finance Prince Pipes Hits Highest Level Since Listing; Stock Jumps 232% From Its 52-Week Low
- News Farm Bills: Samajwadi Party to protest in Uttar Pradesh against farm and labour reform laws
- Sports Five most expensive right wingers in the world
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
The Honda City recently got a major update from the company in the Indian market. The newly launched fifth-generation Honda City has been widely accepted and it reflects in the previous month sales report.
According to recent reports from Autopunditz, the Honda City becomes the best selling sedan in its segment. It has outsold its primary rivals such as the Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz during the previous month.
The reports reveal that Honda has sold 1,975 units of the City, while its competition the Hyundai Verna registers 1,906 units and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has posted 1,303 units sold last month. This means that City has outsold the Verna and the Ciaz by 69 units and 672 units, respectively.
The sales report also reveals that the City model has shown a 3 per cent increase in sales when compared to the same month last year. Although it might not be a huge increase, it is a positive outcome considering the increase in demand for SUVs as compared to sedans in the country.
Out of the total 1,975 sedan units sold by the brand in the Indian market last month, it includes the previous generation model as well. It is sold alongside the newly launched fifth-gen City with massive discounts.
The fourth-generation City was offered with maximum discount and benefits of up to Rs 1.68 lakh during the previous month. It could also be one of the reasons behind more customers opting for the Japenese sedan.
The new Honda City is available with both diesel and petrol powertrain options, while the previous-gen sedan is only offered as a petrol-only model. The company is also considering a change in the fourth-gen model's trim level, which would increase the price difference between both generation models.
The fifth-generation City retails between Rs 10.89 lakh and 14.64 lakh. While the fourth-gen City starts from Rs 9.91 lakh and goes all the way up to Rs 14.31 lakh. This means that there is only Rs 30,000 difference between the top-trim model of both generations. However, the fourth-generation model was offered with massive discounts.
The new City comes with a host of changes over the previous-gen model. This includes an overall new design, added features and an all-new petrol engine. It is also the country's first sedan to feature Amazon Alexa support along with few other best-in-class features.
Thoughts About The Honda City Outsells Hyundai Verna & Maruti Suzuki Ciaz In July 2020
Honda City has always been a popular sedan model in the Indian market. With the introduction of the new-generation model, the brand has managed to keep the executive segment alive despite the increase in popularity for SUV models. The fifth-gen model is a huge setup from the previous model with many best-in-class features and fresh design.