- 2 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- 18 hrs ago 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Price Hiked: Here Are All Details
- News HC strikes down Jagan Reddy govt ordinance, reinstates Nimmagadda Ramesh as SEC
- Lifestyle Alaya F Turns Modern Bride As She Flaunts Her Red Lehenga And Yellow Saree With A Twist
- Technology Honor Play 4 Gets TENNA Certification; Official Launch Set For June 3
- Movies Sanjjanaa Galrani On Her Relationship Status: "I Have A Boyfriend, But I May Or May Not Marry Him"
- Sports WWE Friday Night SmackDown preview and schedule: May 29, 2020
- Finance Why Senior Citizens Should Consider Investment In PM Vaya Vandana Yojana?
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Like major auto manufacturers in the country, Honda Cars India has announced a resumption of operations by opening 155 dealerships across orange and green zones across India. Honda is the latest automaker to resume operations.
The brand has acquired all necessary approvals and permissions from local governing authorities to resume operations. In addition, safety is of top priority right now, and Honda is working closely with all its dealerships to ensure that steps are being taken to protect their employees and customers, and to ensure prevention of spreading of the Covid-19 virus.
Mr Rajesh Goel, the Senior Vice President and Director for Sales and Marketing at Honda Cars India Ltd said, "With the gradual opening of dealerships in coming days, our objective is to reignite the joy of buying for our customers at a time when personal mobility will gain extreme significance. The dealerships will increasingly be able to focus on servicing vehicles being used by essential service staff like doctors as also for breakdown vehicles."
Standard Operating Procedures issued for dealerships include preparation before resumption of operations in terms of facility readiness, equipment fitness checks, availability of personal protective and sanitisation equipment, manpower readiness and sanitisation.
Honda plans to adopt customer experience practices (once operations resume) that ensure minimum physical contact, and extensive use of digital mediums for product explanation and online communication for sales and service needs.
Part of Honda's standard operating procedures also include specific guidelines regarding entry into dealership facilities, vehicle test drives, sales activities, collection of cars for services, road tests, shop floor handling, and delivering cars back to customers.
Honda Cars India has also resumed production at its Tapukara plant and is waiting for approval for its Noida facility to restart operations.
In related news, the brand recently launched its ‘Honda From Home' initiative. Essentially a digital booking and buying platform, the initiative allows for customers to experience purchasing a Honda car from the comfort of their homes. Customers can browse through all of the brand's offerings and can make a booking as well. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About Honda Cars India Resuming Operations Across The Country
Well, this is good news. However, one has to wait until sales start picking up. Manufacturers resuming operations is one part of a bigger Eco-system. The other part, the more important part, is customers flocking to buy vehicles like they did until just a few months ago. This is still some time away considering spending patterns have changed.