- 13 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 16 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Highway toll collection across India has been suspended during the 21 days 'India lockdown'. The NHAI (National Highway Authority of India)made the announcement, post the Prime Minister's address.
According to the Economic Times, the move from NHAI comes after the ministry of road transport and highways gave the go-ahead to the authorities on Wednesday to close down all toll booths. The toll collection across India will be suspended for the next 21 days, until the end of the lockdown in the country.
The report states that NHAI issued a letter on the 25th March to the ministry of road transport and highways. This letter stated the ministry of home affairs' order to shut down all commercial and private establishments for a period of 21 days, with effect from the 25th March. The order comes as part of the central government plans to contain/reduce the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic in India.
The Ministry of Home Affairs' has also stated that all modes of transport including buses, trains, cabs and flights have been suspended. However, transport of essential goods, law and order personnel, press and emergency services have been exempted.
The coronavirus outbreak in India has affected many businesses, both in India and internationally. The announcement to put India under lockdown came on the 24th March by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi via a televised speech.
Most automobile companies have already announced the suspension of operations indefinitely, even before the lockdown announcement. Automobile companies have also shut down their sales and service operations as well, which has affected sales in the Indian market.
People have been ordered not to step out of their homes at all, apart for any important essential reason. Traffic police across all cities are monitoring the areas, ensuring no motorists are out on the streets unnecessarily.
Thoughts On The Highway Toll Collection Being Suspended
The entire country has been put under lockdown, with all modes of transport being suspended for the 21-day duration as well. The Covid-19 outbreak has already affected thousands of people across the globe. The government of India is doing everything in their control to prevent the spread of the deadly virus in the country.