- 2 hrs ago Revv To Offer Free Cars To Doctors & Healthcare Workers During Lockdown: Available In 5 Cities
- 5 hrs ago MG Motors Confirms No Job Cuts In 2020 Even Under Worst Case Scenario Amidst Covid-19
- 7 hrs ago Top-Selling SUVs In India In March 2020: Kia Seltos Continues To Dominate As Hyundai Creta Closes In
- 8 hrs ago Tata Nexon XZ+ (S) Variant Launched Starting At Rs 10.10 Lakh Ex-Showroom India
- Movies Devoleena Bhattacharjee: ‘Shehnaz Gill's Fans Used Nasty Language And Abused My Mother’
- Lifestyle Can TB Vaccine Fight Against Coronavirus? What Do Studies Say?
- Technology Vodafone Deploys 1,500 Massive MIMO In Mumbai
- Sports IPL 2020: Kevin Pietersen, Sanjay Manjrekar open up about the fate of the Indian Premier League
- News 1,023 Covid-19 positive cases with links to Tablighi Jamaat reported from 17 states
- Finance Airlines Are Accepting Flight Bookings From 15 April
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Highway toll collection across India has been suspended during the 21 days 'India lockdown'. The NHAI (National Highway Authority of India)made the announcement, post the Prime Minister's address.
According to the Economic Times, the move from NHAI comes after the ministry of road transport and highways gave the go-ahead to the authorities on Wednesday to close down all toll booths. The toll collection across India will be suspended for the next 21 days, until the end of the lockdown in the country.
The report states that NHAI issued a letter on the 25th March to the ministry of road transport and highways. This letter stated the ministry of home affairs' order to shut down all commercial and private establishments for a period of 21 days, with effect from the 25th March. The order comes as part of the central government plans to contain/reduce the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic in India.
The Ministry of Home Affairs' has also stated that all modes of transport including buses, trains, cabs and flights have been suspended. However, transport of essential goods, law and order personnel, press and emergency services have been exempted.
The coronavirus outbreak in India has affected many businesses, both in India and internationally. The announcement to put India under lockdown came on the 24th March by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi via a televised speech.
Most automobile companies have already announced the suspension of operations indefinitely, even before the lockdown announcement. Automobile companies have also shut down their sales and service operations as well, which has affected sales in the Indian market.
People have been ordered not to step out of their homes at all, apart for any important essential reason. Traffic police across all cities are monitoring the areas, ensuring no motorists are out on the streets unnecessarily.
Thoughts On The Highway Toll Collection Being Suspended
The entire country has been put under lockdown, with all modes of transport being suspended for the 21-day duration as well. The Covid-19 outbreak has already affected thousands of people across the globe. The government of India is doing everything in their control to prevent the spread of the deadly virus in the country.