- 10 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 21 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
The coronavirus pandemic in India has put a stop to all operations across the country. The central government ordered a nationwide lockdown starting from the 24th of March 2020 and was expected to last till the 14th of April. However, with the COVID-19 pandemic showing no signs of slowing down, the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi extended the lockdown till the 3rd of May.
With the lockdown in place, most state governments have closed their borders, not allowing anyone to enter or leave their respective states. This has caused major issues for truck drivers and helpers, who have been left stranded on the side of highways for days together.
Now, according to a report by Times of India, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is said to be making certain arrangements for the stranded truck drivers and helpers.
According to the report, NHAI is making arrangements for food for the truck drivers at 1,700 fuel stations spread across the NH (National Highway) network. Apart from the 1,700 fuel stations, NHAI are also setting up another 148 locations for such arrangements to be made.
The Road Transport Ministry released a list of fuel stations run by Bharat Petroleum, Hindustan Petroleum and Indian Oil, where these arrangements will be made. Certain state governments are also providing a list of dhabas and repair shops located on highways, which can be used by the truck drivers and their helpers.
The list of facilities set up to offer food for the stranded truck drivers have been updated on the ministries website. The list also includes the exact address and mobile number of the point of contact at each location.
While truck drivers themselves will not check the ministries website, the list will be available for the transport agencies, who can guide the drivers and helpers to the nearest location.
According to previous reports, the lockdown had caused over 3.5-lakh inter-state goods carrying trucks to be stranded on the highways. These trucks were estimated to have Rs 35,000 crore worth of goods with them — here are the details.
Thoughts On The NHAI Arrangements For The Stranded Truck Drivers
The NHAI is doing a great job making arrangements for stranded truck drivers on the highways in various parts of the country. The arrangement of foods at affordable rates, will definitely solve at least one of the many problems faced by truck drivers and helpers stuck at state-borders during this crisis situation.