- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The coronavirus pandemic in India has put a stop to all operations across the country. The central government ordered a nationwide lockdown starting from the 24th of March 2020 and was expected to last till the 14th of April. However, with the COVID-19 pandemic showing no signs of slowing down, the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi extended the lockdown till the 3rd of May.
With the lockdown in place, most state governments have closed their borders, not allowing anyone to enter or leave their respective states. This has caused major issues for truck drivers and helpers, who have been left stranded on the side of highways for days together.
Now, according to a report by Times of India, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is said to be making certain arrangements for the stranded truck drivers and helpers.
According to the report, NHAI is making arrangements for food for the truck drivers at 1,700 fuel stations spread across the NH (National Highway) network. Apart from the 1,700 fuel stations, NHAI are also setting up another 148 locations for such arrangements to be made.
The Road Transport Ministry released a list of fuel stations run by Bharat Petroleum, Hindustan Petroleum and Indian Oil, where these arrangements will be made. Certain state governments are also providing a list of dhabas and repair shops located on highways, which can be used by the truck drivers and their helpers.
The list of facilities set up to offer food for the stranded truck drivers have been updated on the ministries website. The list also includes the exact address and mobile number of the point of contact at each location.
While truck drivers themselves will not check the ministries website, the list will be available for the transport agencies, who can guide the drivers and helpers to the nearest location.
According to previous reports, the lockdown had caused over 3.5-lakh inter-state goods carrying trucks to be stranded on the highways. These trucks were estimated to have Rs 35,000 crore worth of goods with them — here are the details.
Thoughts On The NHAI Arrangements For The Stranded Truck Drivers
The NHAI is doing a great job making arrangements for stranded truck drivers on the highways in various parts of the country. The arrangement of foods at affordable rates, will definitely solve at least one of the many problems faced by truck drivers and helpers stuck at state-borders during this crisis situation.