- 18 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 19 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Hunter Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi-Nayanthara-Samantha's Kaathuvaakula Rendu Kaadhal To Start Rolling In August?
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Lifestyle What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
As the COVID-19 pandemic has hit the globe hard a lot of businesses have come to a halt. Currently, India is going through a lockdown phase, till April 14th, and because of this a lot of automobile launches and drives have been canceled or been advanced until further notice.
Groupe PSA, which is the second-largest passenger vehicle group in Europe, has decided to postpone its first ever car launch in India as the COVID-19 health crisis has been seen increasing in our country. All the offices (Chennai) and plants (Thiruvallur and Hosur) in Tamil Nadu, are closed until further notice and in line with Government's lockdown directive.
Seeing the current situation the company put forward a statement which said, "Given the current scenario where people at large are concerned about their personal well-being & health and the automotive purchase is not a priority, Groupe PSA in India in close coordination with its new dealer partners has decided to re-time the launch of its debut vehicle the Citroen C5 Aircross SUV to Q1 2021."
Work from Home for all Groupe PSA employees in India has been enforced. Continuing to keep the health and safety of employees as its top priority, the Groupe PSA Indian leadership team is in constant touch with all stakeholders for any support they may require.
Carlos Tavares, Chairman of the Managing Board, Groupe PSA had earlier announced that the Groupe PSA has decided to maintain the project timeline and investment for the C-Cubed program, under which the first vehicle designed, developed and made in India would be launched in 2021. Groupe PSA in India has reinforced to all employees and stakeholders the need to stay agile for business continuity post lifting of the government-mandated lockdown.
Thoughts On The Groupe PSA Postponing Their First Launch In India
Well, according to the current situation across the globe, it is really important to stay safe and take precautionary measures. All we can say is that launches will keep on happening and the PSA Groupe has taken the right decision by postponing the launch of the Citroen C5 Aircross SUV.