- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
China based Great Wall Motors is all set to make its debut in the Indian Market at the Delhi Auto Expo 2019. Great Wall Motors formally announced its Indian debut via a teaser video over its Twitter handle.
The Tweet reads ‘Namaste India! All set for great things ahead.' The company's Haval brand will also make an entry in to the Indian market with the launch of an expected four products.
The end of the teaser video shows a silhouette of an SUV that could most likely be the Haval H6. The SUV has was spotted a couple of weeks ago while testing in the country.
Great Wall Motors is expected to unveil and launch four products in the Indian market. The Haval H2, the H4, the H6, and the H9. Rumor has it that the Haval H4 will be the first model to be launched in India,and will take on the Tata Harrier and MG Hector.
There's also talk that that Great Wall Motors is planning to set up a manufacturing facility at Talegaon, Maharashtra, and have it at operational capacity by July this year.
In related news, Great Wall Motors could also showcase the ORA R1 all-electric car at the Delhi Auto Expo 2020. The ORA R1 has been tagged as the cheapest electric car in the world.
The cheapest electric car in the world offers a rather impressive range of 351 kilometers over a full charge. To understand better, the soon-to-be launched Tata Nexon EV offers roughly 300km.
The ORA R1 all-electric is powered by a 35kW motor and is priced between 59,800 Yuan and 77,800 Yuan, translating to roughly between Rs 6.0 lakh and Rs 9.0 lakh, plus taxes and registration of course.
Thoughts About Great Wall Motors Making An Entry In To The India Markets
Chinese automotive brands have understood that the Indian automotive markets markets have immense potential. China owned MG Motor has tasted a lot of success in the country, and other big players want a piece of the action.
Also, if Great Wall Motors is able to price the ORA R1 between Rs 6.0 lakh and Rs 9.0 lakh in India, the Chinese made all-electric car will do very well. Pricing is a big factor that keeps people away from electric vehicles at the moment, and the ORA R1 could be a possible solution.