- 39 min ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 3 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha FZS-Fi Vintage Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Technology Tata Sky Offering Discounts On Long Term Broadband Plans
- Movies Money Heist: Netflix To Make Korean Version Of The Hit Spanish Series
- Sports Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni among Yahoo's List Of Most Searched Personalities in 2020
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms
- Finance LPG Cylinder Booking Via WhatsApp And SMS: Know The Process
- News 2020’s most searched Indian politicians
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown till May 17. This crisis has affected almost all businesses across the nation. Public transport has been shut down to follow social distancing norms.
According to a report by News18, Road Transport, Highways and MSME Minister, Nitin Gadkari, recently addressed members of the Bus and Car Operators Confederation of India via a video conference and said that public transport is likely to resume soon. However, the Government is formulating guidelines for the safe usage of public transport.
Nitin Gadkari said, "The economy is facing a crisis due to the coronavirus outbreak. We should treat it as a blessing in disguise as no one wants to deal with China. Japan's PM is facilitating industries there to invest outside of China. It is a chance to boost the Indian economy,"
In other COVID-19 news, the auto industry has taken a bit hit and since manufacturers want to resume work, the Government has set some rules and guidelines for them. Recently, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. came up with a list of comprehensive measures aimed at ensuring that the dealerships and workshops across the country are prepared to meet the highest levels of sanitation and hygiene.
According to the guidelines laid down by the company dealerships across India will have to follow rules from the customers' arrival to departure. This will also include display cars and test drive car preparedness, customer lounges and washrooms sanitization, delivery process of new and serviced cars, and contactless demonstration and servicing.
On the other hand, Mercedes-Benz India has also announced that they have restarted the production at their manufacturing facility. The production will commence in a systematic manner following the directives from the Government of Maharashtra to resume operations.
Manufacturers have started production at their plants with only essential staff, adhering to all the required social distancing protocols, and mandated safety and sanitization measures have been implemented. On the other hand, the employees who are not required at the plant will continue to work from home.
Thoughts About Public transport Being Resumed
A lot of people across the nation are dependent on the public transport system. Our Transport Minister, Mr. Gadkari, has said that public transport will resume soon, it will ease the lives of people who are dependent on that.