- 15 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 25 min ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 1 hr ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- News Is Rs 100 notes banned in india? This is what RBI has to say
- Movies The Family Man 2: Manoj Bajpayee And Samantha Akkineni Get A Twitter Emoji Before Trailer Release
- Lifestyle Jennifer Lopez Looks A Class Apart In Her Head To Toe White Ensemble At President’s Inauguration Ceremony
- Finance Govt To Ban Some Chinese Apps, Including TikTok, Permanently: Report
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 23: Win AmazonBasics Smart LED TV
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: FC Goa signs Adil Khan on loan from Hyderabad FC
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has announced an extension in the validity of vehicle documents till the 31st of December 2020. The decision to further extend the validity of expiring vehicle documents is due to the disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the country.
The list of vehicle documents include driving licence, permits, fitness certificates and registration certificates and all others which come under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.
The validity of the vehicle documents has already been extended twice, with the latest being the third extension over the past few months. MoRTH had previously extended the validity of these documents first to June and then till the 30th of September.
The confirmation came via the official MoRTH twitter account, the statement read,
"MoRTH has decided to extend the validity of Fitness, Permits, Licenses, Registration or other documents till the 31st of December 2020 to prevent spread of #COVID19 across the country."
There was also an official statement from the ministry, which further announced that all vehicle documents which have or will expire, since the 1st February 2020, will be considered valid till the 31st of December 2020.
The statement also read that the reason for the extension is due to the inability to grant validity or extension of vehicle documents during the lockdown, caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. All enforcement authorities have also been advised to treat these documents as valid until the end of the year.
As mentioned earlier, the extension of validity of vehicle documents has been extended twice in the country. The first extension was announced back in 30th March, which extended the validity till the 30th of June. While the second advisory came in on the 9th June, which saw the vehicle documents validity extended till the 30th of September.
Thoughts About MoRTH Extending The Validity Of Vehicle Documents
The extension of the validity of vehicle documents comes as a welcome announcement. Although many states have opened up significantly, with intra-state travel being allowed, the COVID-19 situation is still present across the country.