- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Department of Heavy Industry has said that it will extend the validation of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles II (FAME II) scheme for the next three months starting July 1, 2020.
All the carmakers that have registered under the FAME II scheme will now be able to benefit the offers till September 30 this year. The extension scheme applies to all approved electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers and four-wheelers. Last year the Government had allocated Rs 10,000 crore for the FAME II scheme in sequence to the FAME I scheme.
The money which the Government invested was towards speeding up the development of EVs and EV infrastructure to achieve the target of 100 per cent electric vehicles by 2030. However, the FAME II scheme is aiming to encourage the purchase of EVs and setting up charging infrastructure for these vehicles.
In other recent auto news, Hero Electric recently launched a one-of-its-kind 'Be a Bike Buddy' referral scheme for both its new and existing customers. Through this scheme Customers who purchase a Hero Electric product are eligible for a flat Rs 2,000 discount. Moreover, an additional discount of Rs 2,000 can be availed if such customer gets referred from an existing Hero E-bike owner. Together, the customer will be able to avail a maximum discount of Rs 4,000 on the purchase of a Hero E-bike.
Hero Electric has been promoting the "value for money" personal means of commute. This scheme is applicable on all vehicles (excluding Flash lead-acid low speed and Glyde E-Scoot model) purchased online from June 25 to July 15. The unique offerings from the company such as "3 days no questions asked" return policy, doorstep delivery and doorstep service continue through this scheme. The unique three-day return offer dictates that the customers will get a complete refund of the purchase amount if they return the product within 3 days of purchasing.
Thoughts About The Extension Of The FAME II Scheme
Through this scheme, the Government will be able to encourage people to buy electric vehicles and as there will be more EVs on the road, it will be good for our environment in the near future.