- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 17 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- Sports F1 2020: Bottas and Russell share front row in Hamilton's absence
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
The Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Department of Heavy Industry has said that it will extend the validation of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles II (FAME II) scheme for the next three months starting July 1, 2020.
All the carmakers that have registered under the FAME II scheme will now be able to benefit the offers till September 30 this year. The extension scheme applies to all approved electric two-wheelers, three-wheelers and four-wheelers. Last year the Government had allocated Rs 10,000 crore for the FAME II scheme in sequence to the FAME I scheme.
The money which the Government invested was towards speeding up the development of EVs and EV infrastructure to achieve the target of 100 per cent electric vehicles by 2030. However, the FAME II scheme is aiming to encourage the purchase of EVs and setting up charging infrastructure for these vehicles.
In other recent auto news, Hero Electric recently launched a one-of-its-kind 'Be a Bike Buddy' referral scheme for both its new and existing customers. Through this scheme Customers who purchase a Hero Electric product are eligible for a flat Rs 2,000 discount. Moreover, an additional discount of Rs 2,000 can be availed if such customer gets referred from an existing Hero E-bike owner. Together, the customer will be able to avail a maximum discount of Rs 4,000 on the purchase of a Hero E-bike.
Hero Electric has been promoting the "value for money" personal means of commute. This scheme is applicable on all vehicles (excluding Flash lead-acid low speed and Glyde E-Scoot model) purchased online from June 25 to July 15. The unique offerings from the company such as "3 days no questions asked" return policy, doorstep delivery and doorstep service continue through this scheme. The unique three-day return offer dictates that the customers will get a complete refund of the purchase amount if they return the product within 3 days of purchasing.
Thoughts About The Extension Of The FAME II Scheme
Through this scheme, the Government will be able to encourage people to buy electric vehicles and as there will be more EVs on the road, it will be good for our environment in the near future.