- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 9 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
In what comes as refreshing news following cancellation announcements of major motor shows across the globe, the organisers of the Goodwood Speedweek have announced that the 2020 edition of the event has been physically cancelled, but will be held digitally.
The three day event that is scheduled for between 16 and 18 October this year, will now be held at the Goodwood Motor circuit, and not the entire estate as usual.
The organisers announced that the Speed Hill Climb event will be cancelled this season in order to maintain social distancing, and only the 3.86 kilometer circuit will be put to use with cars racing around the perimeter of the Goodwood runway.
Organisers say that a list of classic cars will compete with each other on the race track and will be driven by their respective owners. In addition, some celebrities and renowned race car drivers have been invited to the event as well.
The Goodwood Speedweek 2020 Edition will be broadcasted via Goodwood's website and across its social media channels. Expectations are that there will be a few car launches as well.
The organisers have also put together an online auction that will be hosted by Bonhams - one of the world's leading fine art valuers and auctioneers.
The final day of the event will feature a Winner Takes It All Shootout over one lap. As is, some of the fastest cars from yesteryears are expected to participate and are expected to set some records at the circuit.
The organisers say that the 2021 edition of the event is expected to stay as scheduled and are hopeful that the industry and economies return to normal before the event.
Tickets that have been purchased for this year's edition will be honoured by organisers for the 2021 edition of the Goodwood Speedweek.
Thoughts About The Goodwood Speedweek Going Digital
This has to be the ‘events' highlight of the year! General expectations were that the event would be cancelled, but to move it to a digital space is just next-level. Yes, we'll all miss the hill climb event but at least the event still stands! Kudos to the orgainsers for taking such a historic decision.