- 6 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 8 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 10 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 22 Highlights: Housemates Create Furor As Sonali Throws Food In The Dustbin
- News Farmers at Singhu border allege conspiracy to kill 4 leaders on Republic Day
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
In what comes as refreshing news following cancellation announcements of major motor shows across the globe, the organisers of the Goodwood Speedweek have announced that the 2020 edition of the event has been physically cancelled, but will be held digitally.
The three day event that is scheduled for between 16 and 18 October this year, will now be held at the Goodwood Motor circuit, and not the entire estate as usual.
The organisers announced that the Speed Hill Climb event will be cancelled this season in order to maintain social distancing, and only the 3.86 kilometer circuit will be put to use with cars racing around the perimeter of the Goodwood runway.
Organisers say that a list of classic cars will compete with each other on the race track and will be driven by their respective owners. In addition, some celebrities and renowned race car drivers have been invited to the event as well.
The Goodwood Speedweek 2020 Edition will be broadcasted via Goodwood's website and across its social media channels. Expectations are that there will be a few car launches as well.
The organisers have also put together an online auction that will be hosted by Bonhams - one of the world's leading fine art valuers and auctioneers.
The final day of the event will feature a Winner Takes It All Shootout over one lap. As is, some of the fastest cars from yesteryears are expected to participate and are expected to set some records at the circuit.
The organisers say that the 2021 edition of the event is expected to stay as scheduled and are hopeful that the industry and economies return to normal before the event.
Tickets that have been purchased for this year's edition will be honoured by organisers for the 2021 edition of the Goodwood Speedweek.
Thoughts About The Goodwood Speedweek Going Digital
This has to be the ‘events' highlight of the year! General expectations were that the event would be cancelled, but to move it to a digital space is just next-level. Yes, we'll all miss the hill climb event but at least the event still stands! Kudos to the orgainsers for taking such a historic decision.