- 6 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 9 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 23 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Usthad Ghulam Mustafa Khan Passes Away: Lata Mangeshkar, AR Rahman, Pay Tribute To The Legendary Singer
- News Kamala Harris to be sworn in as US Vice President
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Honda Cars India has relaunched the fourth-generation City in the country. The old-gen sedan will be offered in two variants: 'SV MT' and 'V MT'. Prices for the fourth-generation City start at Rs 9.29 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The old-gen sedan will be sold as a petrol-only model along with transmission option restricted to manual. The top-spec V MT variant retails at Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Honda has reduced the price of both trims by around Rs 60,000 and 66,000 on the SV and V trims, respectively.
Mr Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President and Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said, "While the All-New 5th Gen Honda City has created a new benchmark of supremacy occupying the most premium position in the mid-size sedan segment, we had decided to continue selling the 4th Generation Honda City as it continues to be a popular model with its contemporary styling and is also BS-6 compliant."
He further added, "With the continuation of 4th Generation Honda City in SV and V grade, we have ensured that the City brand is available to a wider set of customers in terms of trims and different price points in the mid-size sedan segment."
Old-gen City is currently powered by a SOHC petrol engine that produces a maximum of 118bhp at 6600rpm, and a peak torque of 145Nm at 4600rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual transmission as standard.
Apart from that, the old-gen sedan comes decently equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Other features include a sunroof, a multi-function steering wheel, climate control, an engine start/stop button, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and a rear parking camera; among others.
According to the company, The 4th Generation Honda City has cumulatively sold over 3.5 lakh units since its launch in January 2014 in India. With the old-gen city on sale, the company states that it has made affordable for sedan buyers in the country. The company will continue to sell the old-gen model alongside the new fifth-gen City sedan — here are all details.
The fifth-gen Honda City has been well received and retails between Rs 10.90 lakh to Rs 14.65 lakh. In comparison, the price difference between the entry-level variant of both models is around Rs 1.6 lakh, while the top-spec trim of the old-gen City manages to under the entry-level spec of the new City by Rs 90,000.
Thoughts About The Fourth-Generation Honda City Relaunched
The older-generation Honda City has been the brand's best-seller. The automaker has decided to continue offering the older-gen sedan and make it easily accessible to buyers switching from smaller cars. It will continue to feature the petrol engine, that honestly has nothing to complain about.