- 12 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 21 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 24 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Movies Apna Time Bhi Aayega Bids Adieu To The Audiences After A Successful Year-Long Run
- News Karnataka Congress deletes 'illiterate Narendra Modi' tweet, DKS regrets language
- Finance Banks To Remain Shut For 5 Days From Today This Week: Details Inside
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Sports Giannis braced for Durant battle in Bucks-Nets opener: Nobody in this world can slow down KD
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
The Ford Ranger has been in the news in the recent past. The Ford Ranger has not been officially launched in India but the vehicle has been spotted testing a couple of times, hence, indicating that the company is going to introduce the SUV sometime soon. According to some reports, Ford is expected to launch the Ranger SUV sometime around the mid of 2021.
Recently, according to a report by TeamBHP, partly assembled chassis of Ford Ranger pick-up trucks have been spotted somewhere near Chennai Ennore / Kattupalli port. These SUVs were spotted being transported on a flatbed. Nine trucks were carrying two pick-up trucks each and the vehicles were brand new but none of them had the rear loading bay, doors or even bumpers installed. The Ranger was spotted in Coimbatore.
The Ford Ranger shares its underpinnings with Endeavour which is sold internationally as the Everest. The Endeavour is built on the same ladder on a frame chassis as the SUV. However, in the Raptor, the chassis has been further strengthened along with its front suspension setup.
The Ford Raptor will be equipped with Fox 2.5-inch off-road racing coil-overs. This setup will offer 30 per cent more travel than the one in the regular model, hence proving better off-road capabilities.
The Ford Ranger is expected to be powered by the same engine that does its duty on the Endeavour. The powertrain is a 2.0-litre, turbocharged diesel engine that pumps out 165bhp of power and 420Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The Ford Ranger
The Ford Ranger is an excellent vehicle. It is big, bold and looks like it is ready to take on any obstacle that is thrown in front of it. However, the craze for SUVs in India is a lot, so once Ford launches the Ranger, we expect the SUV to get a good amount of traction.