- 28 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Declare Marathi-speaking Karnataka-Maharashtra border areas as UT: Uddhav
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna’s Eyeliner-Free Glossy Make-Up Will Soon Be Your Go-To Party Look
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reacts To Violence At Protesting Farmers' Tractor Rally: Did My Best To Avoid This But I Failed
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
The Ford Ranger has been in the news in the recent past. The Ford Ranger has not been officially launched in India but the vehicle has been spotted testing a couple of times, hence, indicating that the company is going to introduce the SUV sometime soon. According to some reports, Ford is expected to launch the Ranger SUV sometime around the mid of 2021.
Recently, according to a report by TeamBHP, partly assembled chassis of Ford Ranger pick-up trucks have been spotted somewhere near Chennai Ennore / Kattupalli port. These SUVs were spotted being transported on a flatbed. Nine trucks were carrying two pick-up trucks each and the vehicles were brand new but none of them had the rear loading bay, doors or even bumpers installed. The Ranger was spotted in Coimbatore.
The Ford Ranger shares its underpinnings with Endeavour which is sold internationally as the Everest. The Endeavour is built on the same ladder on a frame chassis as the SUV. However, in the Raptor, the chassis has been further strengthened along with its front suspension setup.
The Ford Raptor will be equipped with Fox 2.5-inch off-road racing coil-overs. This setup will offer 30 per cent more travel than the one in the regular model, hence proving better off-road capabilities.
The Ford Ranger is expected to be powered by the same engine that does its duty on the Endeavour. The powertrain is a 2.0-litre, turbocharged diesel engine that pumps out 165bhp of power and 420Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The Ford Ranger
The Ford Ranger is an excellent vehicle. It is big, bold and looks like it is ready to take on any obstacle that is thrown in front of it. However, the craze for SUVs in India is a lot, so once Ford launches the Ranger, we expect the SUV to get a good amount of traction.