- 40 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Offer Eid-ul-Fitr prayers at home: Shahi Imam of Delhi’s Jama Masjid urges people
- Movies Salman Khan Says Drugs Angle In Radhe Was Shot Before B-Town Drug Probe; 'I've Always Been Against Drugs'
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Govt Releases List Of 15 Crucial Preventive Practices Against COVID
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Ford Ranger has been in the news in the recent past. The Ford Ranger has not been officially launched in India but the vehicle has been spotted testing a couple of times, hence, indicating that the company is going to introduce the SUV sometime soon. According to some reports, Ford is expected to launch the Ranger SUV sometime around the mid of 2021.
Recently, according to a report by TeamBHP, partly assembled chassis of Ford Ranger pick-up trucks have been spotted somewhere near Chennai Ennore / Kattupalli port. These SUVs were spotted being transported on a flatbed. Nine trucks were carrying two pick-up trucks each and the vehicles were brand new but none of them had the rear loading bay, doors or even bumpers installed. The Ranger was spotted in Coimbatore.
The Ford Ranger shares its underpinnings with Endeavour which is sold internationally as the Everest. The Endeavour is built on the same ladder on a frame chassis as the SUV. However, in the Raptor, the chassis has been further strengthened along with its front suspension setup.
The Ford Raptor will be equipped with Fox 2.5-inch off-road racing coil-overs. This setup will offer 30 per cent more travel than the one in the regular model, hence proving better off-road capabilities.
The Ford Ranger is expected to be powered by the same engine that does its duty on the Endeavour. The powertrain is a 2.0-litre, turbocharged diesel engine that pumps out 165bhp of power and 420Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel-drive system.
Thoughts About The Ford Ranger
The Ford Ranger is an excellent vehicle. It is big, bold and looks like it is ready to take on any obstacle that is thrown in front of it. However, the craze for SUVs in India is a lot, so once Ford launches the Ranger, we expect the SUV to get a good amount of traction.