- 1 day ago Kawasaki Launches The Ninja ZX-25R In Indonesia: Details & Specifications
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Polo & Vento TSI Limited-Edition Models Removed From The Company Website
- 1 day ago KTM RC 200 Modified With Parts From Autologue Design: Wrapped By Zed One
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Launches Car Safety Accessories: Air Purifiers, Separation Films And More
- Finance 5 Reasons Why NPS Is A Must-Have Investment In Your Retirement Portfolio
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Rumored Smartphones Expected To Launch
- Movies Independence Day 2020: 6 Web Series That Will Rekindle Your Passion For India
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Holder lauds Gabriel and Blackwood after Windies take series lead
- News Rajasthan crisis: 75 MLAs attended CM Gehlot's meeting
- Lifestyle Radhe Shyam Actress Pooja Hegde Sure Knows How To Make A Yellow Splash With Her Outfits
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
American auto manufacturer, Ford Motor Company, has officially unveiled its Ford Mustang Mach 1, thereby resurrecting the Mach 1 name after 17 years. The high-performance fastback coupe sports a mix of the Mustang GT, the Shelby models, and has been inspired by the older Mach 1 models.
The Ford Mustang Mach 1 features design elements from the original Mach 1 model from 1969. The car features a three dimensional mesh grille with circular inserts that double as air dams. The inserts are placed at where the headlights used to be on the 1969 models.
The 2021 Mach 1 also features larger airdams, 19-inch alloy wheels that are available in two design options, a sporty and aggressive front fascia, and a rear spoiler with a gurney flap. The 19-inch wheels sport Michelin PS4 tires.
The interiors feature a new Dark Spindrift instrument panel with aluminum accents, a set of new door sill plates, and an upgraded 12.3-inch LCD instrument cluster.
Other design highlights include a cue ball style shifter for manual transmission, and an engraved badge that reads the particular vehicle's chassis number.
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 features a 5.0-litre naturally aspirated V8 engine that produces 473 brake horsepower and 569 Newton-meters of torque. The engine comes mated to a Tremec six-speed manual and a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The Mach 1's engine's intake manifold, oil filter adapter, and engine-oil cooler have been borrowed from the Shelby GT350 variant.
Ford has reworked the MagneRide calibration, the EPAS calibration, the steering shaft, the sway bars and front springs to bring out the best possible performance. In addition, the Mach 1 features a brake booster as well.
Other highlights of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 include a new underbody that stretches and addition 20-inches over the standard Mustang model in order to increase downforce.
The brand is expected to launch the Ford Mustang Mach 1 in its global markets only during 2021. Whether the vehicle will make its way to India however, remains to be seen.
1968 saw race car drivers Danny Ongais and Mickey Thompson take three Mustang Mach 1 models to the Bonneville salt flats during 1968, and set as many as 295 records over a 24 hour period.
1969 was ‘the' year for the Ford Mustang. The Mach 1 model saw immense success and the brand sold 72,458 Mustang Mach 1 models thanks to its performance and its engine.
The 1969 model features a 5.8-litre 2V engine mated to three-speed manual transmission. Also on offer were a 6.4-litre engine, and a 7.0-litre Cobra Jet 4V.
Thoughts About The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Model
The Ford Mustang Mach 1 was a highly popular car back in the day, and we're sure the 2021 model will live up to its reputation as a performance car. While the Mustang currently sells for Rs 74.61 lakh in India, the Mach one will most likely be priced at around the Rs 1.0 crore mark, should it be launched here that is.