- 10 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- 13 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Technology Micromax IN 1b To Go On First Sale Today At 12PM Via Flipkart
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 November 25 Highlights: Rubina & Abhinav Protest Against Captain Kavita
- Sports Sourav Ganguly condoles death of Diego Maradona, tweets "My hero no more, my mad genius rest in peace"
- News Bharat Bandh on November 26: Trade unions to go on nationwide strike today
- Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank Shares Suspended From Trading From 26 Nov
- Lifestyle Bittersweet Thanksgiving 2020 For Grandma Who Accidentally Texted US Teen In 2016 For Dinner
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
American auto manufacturer, Ford Motor Company, has officially unveiled its Ford Mustang Mach 1, thereby resurrecting the Mach 1 name after 17 years. The high-performance fastback coupe sports a mix of the Mustang GT, the Shelby models, and has been inspired by the older Mach 1 models.
The Ford Mustang Mach 1 features design elements from the original Mach 1 model from 1969. The car features a three dimensional mesh grille with circular inserts that double as air dams. The inserts are placed at where the headlights used to be on the 1969 models.
The 2021 Mach 1 also features larger airdams, 19-inch alloy wheels that are available in two design options, a sporty and aggressive front fascia, and a rear spoiler with a gurney flap. The 19-inch wheels sport Michelin PS4 tires.
The interiors feature a new Dark Spindrift instrument panel with aluminum accents, a set of new door sill plates, and an upgraded 12.3-inch LCD instrument cluster.
Other design highlights include a cue ball style shifter for manual transmission, and an engraved badge that reads the particular vehicle's chassis number.
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 features a 5.0-litre naturally aspirated V8 engine that produces 473 brake horsepower and 569 Newton-meters of torque. The engine comes mated to a Tremec six-speed manual and a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The Mach 1's engine's intake manifold, oil filter adapter, and engine-oil cooler have been borrowed from the Shelby GT350 variant.
Ford has reworked the MagneRide calibration, the EPAS calibration, the steering shaft, the sway bars and front springs to bring out the best possible performance. In addition, the Mach 1 features a brake booster as well.
Other highlights of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 include a new underbody that stretches and addition 20-inches over the standard Mustang model in order to increase downforce.
The brand is expected to launch the Ford Mustang Mach 1 in its global markets only during 2021. Whether the vehicle will make its way to India however, remains to be seen.
1968 saw race car drivers Danny Ongais and Mickey Thompson take three Mustang Mach 1 models to the Bonneville salt flats during 1968, and set as many as 295 records over a 24 hour period.
1969 was ‘the' year for the Ford Mustang. The Mach 1 model saw immense success and the brand sold 72,458 Mustang Mach 1 models thanks to its performance and its engine.
The 1969 model features a 5.8-litre 2V engine mated to three-speed manual transmission. Also on offer were a 6.4-litre engine, and a 7.0-litre Cobra Jet 4V.
Thoughts About The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Model
The Ford Mustang Mach 1 was a highly popular car back in the day, and we're sure the 2021 model will live up to its reputation as a performance car. While the Mustang currently sells for Rs 74.61 lakh in India, the Mach one will most likely be priced at around the Rs 1.0 crore mark, should it be launched here that is.