- 17 min ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 17 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 19 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Will revisit GST when Congress is voted to power: Rahul Gandhi
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Movies Krack Day 14 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Emerges As A Blockbuster
- Lifestyle National Girl Child Day 24 January: Healthy Food For Teenage Girls
- Sports Ahead of England's India visit, Pietersen posts Dravid's tips on playing spin bowling
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Ford India Private Limited has announced the launch of it's Dial-A-Ford service across select cities in the country. The new initiative allows for customers to book a service for their vehicles.
Ford's new service is at no cost to customers, and removes the need for one having to go to a service center for regular maintenance, thereby preventing the spread of the Covid-19 virus, and enabling social distancing.
The Dial-A-Ford initiative allows for owners to book services for their vehicles either at their homes, or and any other place that is convenient for them. It also allows for smaller repair work to be done.
Bigger jobs that involve the use of more sophisticated tools and equipment will still have to be carried out at a Ford authorised service center.
Customers need to call Ford's centrally controlled contact helpline number to select services required and to set up a date, time, and location for the service.
A call can also be placed to troubleshoot basic issues, and customers can also schedule services with a pick-up and drop-off facility.
Outside of service and repairs, existing and prospective customers cans also schedule test drives for the brand's portfolio, and can also have new vehicles delivered to their doorstep.
Ford currently offers the Dial-A-Ford service at Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Thane and Trivandrum. The brand is expected to add more cities to the Dial-A-Ford service location list.
In Ford related news, the brand is preparing to launch its Figo hatchback with an automatic transmission. The vehicle will be available with a six-speed torque-convertor as an optional.
The new transmission system has been borrowed from the brand's EcoSport offering, and will be available only for the Figo petrol models, along with the five-speed manual that is offered as a standard. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Dial-A-Ford Service Launched In India
We think this is the future of vehicular service in the country. Most people are hesitant to visit a dealership or an authorised service center because of the Covid-19 crisis, and once can expect most, if not all manufacturers to offer at home services. Brands such as Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Tata motors, and Hyundai have already announced similar initiatives.