- 10 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Kavach 2 Actor Pranitaa Pandit And Husband Shivi Pandit Become Proud Parents Of A Baby Girl
- News Case against Congress leader for tweeting tampered image of PM Modi
- Sports ICC Board Meet: Nomination process, simple majority or 2/3rd on agenda
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Ford India Private Limited has announced the launch of it's Dial-A-Ford service across select cities in the country. The new initiative allows for customers to book a service for their vehicles.
Ford's new service is at no cost to customers, and removes the need for one having to go to a service center for regular maintenance, thereby preventing the spread of the Covid-19 virus, and enabling social distancing.
The Dial-A-Ford initiative allows for owners to book services for their vehicles either at their homes, or and any other place that is convenient for them. It also allows for smaller repair work to be done.
Bigger jobs that involve the use of more sophisticated tools and equipment will still have to be carried out at a Ford authorised service center.
Customers need to call Ford's centrally controlled contact helpline number to select services required and to set up a date, time, and location for the service.
A call can also be placed to troubleshoot basic issues, and customers can also schedule services with a pick-up and drop-off facility.
Outside of service and repairs, existing and prospective customers cans also schedule test drives for the brand's portfolio, and can also have new vehicles delivered to their doorstep.
Ford currently offers the Dial-A-Ford service at Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Thane and Trivandrum. The brand is expected to add more cities to the Dial-A-Ford service location list.
In Ford related news, the brand is preparing to launch its Figo hatchback with an automatic transmission. The vehicle will be available with a six-speed torque-convertor as an optional.
The new transmission system has been borrowed from the brand's EcoSport offering, and will be available only for the Figo petrol models, along with the five-speed manual that is offered as a standard. To know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Dial-A-Ford Service Launched In India
We think this is the future of vehicular service in the country. Most people are hesitant to visit a dealership or an authorised service center because of the Covid-19 crisis, and once can expect most, if not all manufacturers to offer at home services. Brands such as Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Tata motors, and Hyundai have already announced similar initiatives.