- 5 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 7 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 8 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 9 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- News Farmers at Singhu border allege conspiracy to kill 4 leaders on Republic Day
- Movies As KBC 12 Concludes With Its Grand Finale, Can You Answer These Winning Rs 1 Crore Questions Of The Season?
- Education MH SET Answer Key 2020 Released At setexam.unipune.ac.in
- Sports 'Devastated' Murray out of Australian Open following positive COVID-19 test
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Ford India is all set to introduce an automatic transmission to its entry-level Figo hatchback in the Indian market. The Ford Figo will soon receive a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission as optional.
According to Autocar India, the new automatic transmission is said to be introduced on the Ford Figo hatchback sometime during the latter half of August. The six-speed torque-converter automatic will, however, be available only with the petrol engine on offer.
The new six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission for the Ford Figo will be borrowed from its EcoSport compact-SUV sibling. The automatic gearbox on the hatchback's 1.2-litre petrol engine will be sold as optional on the higher variants, alongside the manual transmission which comes as standard.
The Ford Figo last received an upgrade back in March 2019, with a number of cosmetic and feature updates. Since then, the only other changes made was in February 2020, when Ford updated its lineup to meet the new BS6 emission norms.
The Ford Figo is offered in both petrol and diesel engine options. While as mentioned before, the petrol unit comes in the form of a 1.2-litre unit producing 96bhp and 120Nm of peak torque. The diesel engine, on the other hand, produces 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque. Currently, both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission.
The addition of the automatic transmission could also see the new Ford Figo sport paddle-shifters as well. This will help make the hatchback even attractive and help offer a more fun-to-drive experience as well.
Prices for the Ford Figo petrol automatic is expected to be higher than its manual variants. Once launched in India, the new Ford Figo automatic variants could be priced in the range of around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom. The hatchback will continue to rival the likes of the Tata Tiago, Maruti Suzuki Swift and Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Ford Figo Petrol-Automatic Hatchback Variant
The Ford Figo is an extremely fun-to-drive car already, in both petrol and diesel options. Now the addition of the automatic transmission, possibly with the paddle-shifters could definitely make it even better.