- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 8 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Ford India is all set to introduce an automatic transmission to its entry-level Figo hatchback in the Indian market. The Ford Figo will soon receive a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission as optional.
According to Autocar India, the new automatic transmission is said to be introduced on the Ford Figo hatchback sometime during the latter half of August. The six-speed torque-converter automatic will, however, be available only with the petrol engine on offer.
The new six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission for the Ford Figo will be borrowed from its EcoSport compact-SUV sibling. The automatic gearbox on the hatchback's 1.2-litre petrol engine will be sold as optional on the higher variants, alongside the manual transmission which comes as standard.
The Ford Figo last received an upgrade back in March 2019, with a number of cosmetic and feature updates. Since then, the only other changes made was in February 2020, when Ford updated its lineup to meet the new BS6 emission norms.
The Ford Figo is offered in both petrol and diesel engine options. While as mentioned before, the petrol unit comes in the form of a 1.2-litre unit producing 96bhp and 120Nm of peak torque. The diesel engine, on the other hand, produces 100bhp and 215Nm of peak torque. Currently, both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission.
The addition of the automatic transmission could also see the new Ford Figo sport paddle-shifters as well. This will help make the hatchback even attractive and help offer a more fun-to-drive experience as well.
Prices for the Ford Figo petrol automatic is expected to be higher than its manual variants. Once launched in India, the new Ford Figo automatic variants could be priced in the range of around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom. The hatchback will continue to rival the likes of the Tata Tiago, Maruti Suzuki Swift and Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Ford Figo Petrol-Automatic Hatchback Variant
The Ford Figo is an extremely fun-to-drive car already, in both petrol and diesel options. Now the addition of the automatic transmission, possibly with the paddle-shifters could definitely make it even better.