- 51 min ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 17 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor’s Pigtails Hairdo Will Remind You Of Your School Time But It’s Really Trending!
- News Pakistan scrambles to speed up vaccination amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- Finance Should Senior Citizens Bet On Special FD Schemes Of SBI & HDFC?
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK head coach Fleming reveals pace duo will miss Punjab clash
- Movies BAFTA 2021 Film Awards Winners List: Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Mank, & Tenet Win Big On Opening Night
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Ford will be making a few changes to the features of the Endeavour SUV sold in the Indian market. The company will be removing a few features depending on the SUV's variant. The changes will be made to models produced from December 2020.
According to the reports from TeamBHP, the Ford Endeavour will be losing the auxiliary heater for rear passenger across all variants. While the base-spec 4X2 Titanium AT variants will lose some more features. This includes the steel scuff plates placed near the front door and a down-graded 8-speaker audio system.
In addition to the above changes, the active noise cancellation feature will be removed from all variants of the SUV except the Sport model. Ford is yet to make an official statement on the feature rejig made to the Endeavour flagship SUV.
The Ford Endeavour retails at a starting price of Rs 29.99 lakh for the base-spec Titanium 4x2 AT varaint. While the top-spec Titanium+ 4x4 AT costs Rs 34.45 lakh. The company is also offering a special edition of the Endeavour of the SUV called the Sport that retails at Rs 35.10 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from all the feature changes, the SUV will remain the same mechanically. It will continue to come powered by a 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces a maximum of 168bhp and a peak torque of 420Nm.
The engine comes mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology. The SUV is also offered with an optional four-wheel-drive system on the top-spec variant.
The Endevaour also features a terrain management system with three different modes: Sand, Snow/Mud, Rock. Other features to support off-road terrain are hill launch assist, traction control, hill descent control and rollover mitigation.
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, the brand's connected technology called ‘FordPass', which enables owners to remotely control their SUV and offer a host of vehicle information as well.
Other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a panoramic sunroof, power-foldable third-row seats, leather seats, keyless entry and push-button start; among others.
Safety features on the Endeavour include seven airbags, ABS with EBD, cruise control with adjustable speed limiter, emergency assistance, rear-view camera with active parking guideline, front parking sensors and more.
Thoughts About The Ford Endeavour Features Getting Removed
The Ford Endeavour will be losing a couple of features. The features removed will be affecting the performance of the SUV in any way. With the active noise cancellation getting removed, the cabin experience could be hampered on the SUV. Whether the feature changes have been made by Ford to protect the pricing from increased costs of manufacturing remains to be seen.