- 8 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 12 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Sports Tokyo 2020: After Rio debacle, Mirabai Chanu redeems herself at Tokyo
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
Ford will be making a few changes to the features of the Endeavour SUV sold in the Indian market. The company will be removing a few features depending on the SUV's variant. The changes will be made to models produced from December 2020.
According to the reports from TeamBHP, the Ford Endeavour will be losing the auxiliary heater for rear passenger across all variants. While the base-spec 4X2 Titanium AT variants will lose some more features. This includes the steel scuff plates placed near the front door and a down-graded 8-speaker audio system.
In addition to the above changes, the active noise cancellation feature will be removed from all variants of the SUV except the Sport model. Ford is yet to make an official statement on the feature rejig made to the Endeavour flagship SUV.
The Ford Endeavour retails at a starting price of Rs 29.99 lakh for the base-spec Titanium 4x2 AT varaint. While the top-spec Titanium+ 4x4 AT costs Rs 34.45 lakh. The company is also offering a special edition of the Endeavour of the SUV called the Sport that retails at Rs 35.10 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from all the feature changes, the SUV will remain the same mechanically. It will continue to come powered by a 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine that produces a maximum of 168bhp and a peak torque of 420Nm.
The engine comes mated to a 10-speed torque converter automatic transmission unit, with the brand's ‘Select-Shift' technology. The SUV is also offered with an optional four-wheel-drive system on the top-spec variant.
The Endevaour also features a terrain management system with three different modes: Sand, Snow/Mud, Rock. Other features to support off-road terrain are hill launch assist, traction control, hill descent control and rollover mitigation.
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, the brand's connected technology called ‘FordPass', which enables owners to remotely control their SUV and offer a host of vehicle information as well.
Other features include an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a panoramic sunroof, power-foldable third-row seats, leather seats, keyless entry and push-button start; among others.
Safety features on the Endeavour include seven airbags, ABS with EBD, cruise control with adjustable speed limiter, emergency assistance, rear-view camera with active parking guideline, front parking sensors and more.
Thoughts About The Ford Endeavour Features Getting Removed
The Ford Endeavour will be losing a couple of features. The features removed will be affecting the performance of the SUV in any way. With the active noise cancellation getting removed, the cabin experience could be hampered on the SUV. Whether the feature changes have been made by Ford to protect the pricing from increased costs of manufacturing remains to be seen.