- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Sports "I always looked up to Sardar Singh, his discipline was infectious," says India Colts midfielder Vishal Antil
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ford India is said to be working on introducing the BS6-compliant Endeavour SUV in the Indian market. The new Ford Endeavour BS6 is expected to go on sale ahead of the new emission norms implementation in the country.
Ahead of its launch in India, Rushlane reports that the upcoming Ford Endeavour BS6 SUV could be offered with a brand new powertrain. This includes a new 2.0-litre bi-turbo diesel engine mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission unit.
Reports also suggest that the new powertrain on the BS6 Endeavour will replace both the engines currently offered on the SUV.
The reason stated for the discontinuation of the two current engines is the significant hike in prices the Endeavour could receive. Updating the two current engines could see prices of the Endeavour being hiked by around Rs 3 to 4 lakhs.
The introduction of the new slightly smaller displacement engine will allow the company to keep the prices of the Endeavour competitive. The current model of the Ford Endeavour is priced between Rs 27 lakh to Rs 34 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The current-generation Ford Endeavour comes with two engine options: 2.2-litre diesel and a larger 3.2-litre diesel unit. The smaller 2.2-litre unit produces 160bhp and 380Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic gearbox with a 4x2 drive system.
The larger 3.2-litre engine, on the other hand, churns out 200bhp and 470Nm of peak torque. This comes mated to a standard six-speed automatic with a 4x4 drive system.
In comparison, the new 2.0-litre diesel bi-turbo engine is said to produce 210bhp and 500Nm of peak torque. The engine will come paired with a new 10-speed automatic transmission.
The Ford Endeavour BS6 has been spied testing in the Indian market on multiple occasions. The new BS6-compliant Endeavour doesn't feature many updates to its exterior and interior design.
The company offers the Ford Endeavour in two variants: Titanium and Titanium+. Both trims come with a host of features and equipment, including large touchscreen display, multiple driving modes, keyless entry, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, LED lighting all around, traction control, cruise control; among a number of others.
Thoughts On The Ford Endeavour BS6 Powertrain
The Ford Endeavour is a popular offering in the large SUV segment in the Indian market. The BS6-compliant Ford Endeavour will receive a slight hike in prices compared to the current model while continuing to rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and Mahindra Alturas G4.